I’m not exactly sure we need another “singing competition” show, with The Voice, American Idol, and X Factor already out there, but it seems that the CW wants to get in on the action and have recruited both Queen Latifah and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Gloria Estefan[/lastfm] to help launch The Star Next Door.
According to Rolling Stone, country singer [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Rich[/lastfm] will join Queen Latifah and Gloria Estefan as mentors for the show which the CW has ordered 10 episodes for the summer season. Queen Latifah is also one of the show’s producers, along with Dave Broome who is the creator of NBC’s The Biggest Loser.
The difference with this show will be that the talent hunt will take place all over the country and then the mentors will head to the contestants’ home towns to do their mentoring. Other mentors have yet to be named for the show.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Chris Brown Cancels December Tour of Australia and New Zealand
- Katniss Sure Loves Pita
- Watch The Muppets Rap Eminem’s ‘My Name Is’
- Benny Boom in Talks to Direct Troubled Tupac Biopic
- Top 100 Christmas Movies Of All Time
- Lil Wayne and Rae Sremmurd to Hit The Road for ‘The Dedication Tour’
- Fall Out Boy and Boyz II Men Collabo for ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ ‘Mashup Mondays’ Finale
- Scott Frost Named UCF Head Football Coach
- Reality Check For 12/1/15: Amy Schumer Poses Partially Nude, Most Powerful People In Media, Record Breaking Captain America Trailer
- The Top States With The Worst And Best Drivers