I’m not exactly sure we need another “singing competition” show, with The Voice, American Idol, and X Factor already out there, but it seems that the CW wants to get in on the action and have recruited both Queen Latifah and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Gloria Estefan[/lastfm] to help launch The Star Next Door.
According to Rolling Stone, country singer [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Rich[/lastfm] will join Queen Latifah and Gloria Estefan as mentors for the show which the CW has ordered 10 episodes for the summer season. Queen Latifah is also one of the show’s producers, along with Dave Broome who is the creator of NBC’s The Biggest Loser.
The difference with this show will be that the talent hunt will take place all over the country and then the mentors will head to the contestants’ home towns to do their mentoring. Other mentors have yet to be named for the show.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- French Montana: Kanye’s ‘Doing Great’
- Justin Bieber Has Most Views on Vevo in 2016, 1.8 Billion
- Louis Tomlinson’s Mother Dies from Leukemia
- Wyclef Jean and Young Thug Share ‘I Swear’ Video
- Vic Mensa Freestyles ‘Heathens’ about Chicago Gun Violence
- Taylor Swift, Zayn Malik Collaborate on ‘I Don’t Wanna Live Forever’
- Kanye West Appears in Public with Blonde Hair
- 2016 Marks The Return Of Soul Music
- Review: “Hairspray Live!” Serves Up Greatness
- Kanye West is Recording New Music, Hints Pete Rock