I’m not exactly sure we need another “singing competition” show, with The Voice, American Idol, and X Factor already out there, but it seems that the CW wants to get in on the action and have recruited both Queen Latifah and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Gloria Estefan[/lastfm] to help launch The Star Next Door.
According to Rolling Stone, country singer [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Rich[/lastfm] will join Queen Latifah and Gloria Estefan as mentors for the show which the CW has ordered 10 episodes for the summer season. Queen Latifah is also one of the show’s producers, along with Dave Broome who is the creator of NBC’s The Biggest Loser.
The difference with this show will be that the talent hunt will take place all over the country and then the mentors will head to the contestants’ home towns to do their mentoring. Other mentors have yet to be named for the show.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Pop Royalty Shines at We Can Survive Benefit Concert
- Kesha Dedicates ‘We Can Survive’ Performance To Fan’s Mother
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win Fandango Tickets To See ‘Jigsaw’!
- Listen To Win Tickets To Ed Sheeran!
- Play “Beat My Tweet” To Win Jon Bellion Tickets!
- Listen This Week To Dine At Café Rio!
- Listen To Win Tickets For Sesame Street Live!
- Kevin Kon Makes A 13-Year-Old’s Dream Come True
- Join 101.9 AMP Radio For The 5th Annual Beer, Bacon & BBQ Festival
- ‘Veep’ Stars Lip Sync Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ for Julia Louis-Dreyfus