Queen Latifah, Gloria Estefan To Judge New Reality Show
I’m not exactly sure we need another “singing competition” show, with The Voice, American Idol, and X Factor already out there, but it seems that the CW wants to get in on the action and have recruited both Queen Latifah and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Gloria Estefan[/lastfm] to help launch The Star Next Door.
According to Rolling Stone, country singer [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Rich[/lastfm] will join Queen Latifah and Gloria Estefan as mentors for the show which the CW has ordered 10 episodes for the summer season. Queen Latifah is also one of the show’s producers, along with Dave Broome who is the creator of NBC’s The Biggest Loser.
The difference with this show will be that the talent hunt will take place all over the country and then the mentors will head to the contestants’ home towns to do their mentoring. Other mentors have yet to be named for the show.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Beat My Tweet To See Charli XCX In Concert
- Tomorrowland Brazil 2015 Live Stream: Watch
- Jason Bateman Narrates ‘A LEGO Brickumentary’—Coming to Theaters in July
- Disclosure Return with Club-Ready New Song ‘Bang That': Listen
- Listen To Win Fifth Harmony Tickets
- Win Tickets To The Advance Screening Of Pitch Perfect 2
- Kanye West Doesn’t Impress Brandon Flowers Much
- Adam Lambert’s ‘Ghost Town’ Gets TV Debut on ‘Ellen': Watch
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde All the Way to Her Eyebrows for ‘Wonderland': See the Cover
- Daft Punk Are Now LEGO Minifigures, Near Immortality