I’m not exactly sure we need another “singing competition” show, with The Voice, American Idol, and X Factor already out there, but it seems that the CW wants to get in on the action and have recruited both Queen Latifah and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Gloria Estefan[/lastfm] to help launch The Star Next Door.
According to Rolling Stone, country singer [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Rich[/lastfm] will join Queen Latifah and Gloria Estefan as mentors for the show which the CW has ordered 10 episodes for the summer season. Queen Latifah is also one of the show’s producers, along with Dave Broome who is the creator of NBC’s The Biggest Loser.
The difference with this show will be that the talent hunt will take place all over the country and then the mentors will head to the contestants’ home towns to do their mentoring. Other mentors have yet to be named for the show.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Drake Is Producing A Singing Album For Young Thug
- 5 Tips For Making Your Post Workout Smoothie Taste Better
- Beyonce Ordering A Meal Is Now A Hilarious Meme
- Hayley Williams Loves Your ‘Hard Times’ Covers
- Amber Rose on Losing Her Virginity: ‘It Was a Very Special Moment’
- DJ Khaled’s New Video Features Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, Chance the Rapper & Quavo
- The Age Women Feel ‘The Most Beautiful’
- John Legend’s Daughter Luna Loves His TIME 100 Cover
- James Blunt Roasted by Australian Comedian
- Lorde, Iggy Azalea, Imagine Dragons to Play Much Music Awards