I’m not exactly sure we need another “singing competition” show, with The Voice, American Idol, and X Factor already out there, but it seems that the CW wants to get in on the action and have recruited both Queen Latifah and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Gloria Estefan[/lastfm] to help launch The Star Next Door.
According to Rolling Stone, country singer [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Rich[/lastfm] will join Queen Latifah and Gloria Estefan as mentors for the show which the CW has ordered 10 episodes for the summer season. Queen Latifah is also one of the show’s producers, along with Dave Broome who is the creator of NBC’s The Biggest Loser.
The difference with this show will be that the talent hunt will take place all over the country and then the mentors will head to the contestants’ home towns to do their mentoring. Other mentors have yet to be named for the show.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Ariana Grande’s Charm is ‘Dangerous’ in New York City
- Deadmau5 Gives Free Download of Unreleased Tracks
- Jason Derulo Drops ‘Swalla’ Featuring Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign
- Justin Bieber Did Not Pee His Pants. Here’s What Happened.
- John Mayer Unpacks ‘The Search for Everything’ Wave 2
- Ice Cube: ‘The First Two Scripts I Wrote Were Wack; The Third One Was ‘Friday’”
- Paula Patton Accuses Robin Thicke of ‘Tampering’ with Court Order
- What You Doin’ At The Courthouse (2/24/17)
- Oscars Dinner Afterparty Menu
- James Corden Goes Behind the Music of Boy Band ‘Thr33way’