I’m not exactly sure we need another “singing competition” show, with The Voice, American Idol, and X Factor already out there, but it seems that the CW wants to get in on the action and have recruited both Queen Latifah and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Gloria Estefan[/lastfm] to help launch The Star Next Door.
According to Rolling Stone, country singer [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Rich[/lastfm] will join Queen Latifah and Gloria Estefan as mentors for the show which the CW has ordered 10 episodes for the summer season. Queen Latifah is also one of the show’s producers, along with Dave Broome who is the creator of NBC’s The Biggest Loser.
The difference with this show will be that the talent hunt will take place all over the country and then the mentors will head to the contestants’ home towns to do their mentoring. Other mentors have yet to be named for the show.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Watch Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Perform ‘White Privilege II’
- Luke Bryan, John Legend, Demi Lovato & Meghan Trainor to Honor Lionel Richie
- Maroon 5 Thank Taraji P. Henson After Super Bowl Gaffe
- Watch Charlie Puth Beatbox ‘Drop It Like It’s Hot’
- Beyoncé’s Stylist: There is a New Album and it’s Great
- Kanye West to Retire and Design Children’s Clothing?
- 6 Reasons Why Beyonce’s Halftime Performance was the Most ‘Beyonce’ Moment Ever
- Hayden Panettiere and Christina Aguilera Join Forces for ‘Lady Marmalade’
- Kanye West Teases Sneak Peek of ‘Yeezy Season 3’
- Von Miller Rap with Lil Wayne at Super Bowl After Party