“There are not any plans right now,” he told Fader magazine. “We’re not on the roster or on a schedule with a label to put out an OutKast album. I can’t say if or when we will, but I’m going to be in OutKast forever in some kind of way. I can’t really say OutKast is over so it always trips me out when these things get on the internet…”
While the OutKast reunion plans remain up in the air, 3000 did speak on his solo project.
“I’m actually putting myself on deadlines more than ever,” he said. “I don’t have someone policing that…I’m looking at it like, Okay, I don’t want to be like 40 years old and to haven’t done this album.”
OutKast, which is primarily comprised of Big Boi and Andre 3000, has produced six studio albums as a group. The last Outkast album was Idlewild (2006), which also served as a soundtrack for the movie in which OutKast starred. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Meghan Trainor Debuts New Hair Color
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex’s ‘Where Are U Now?” – Behind the Song
- Kanye West Reveals ‘The Life of Pablo’ Album Cover
- Alley Brooke Talks Next Fifth Harmony Album: ‘It’s Definitely a Step Up’
- Katy Perry on Her Next Album and Watching the GRAMMYs in Her PJs
- Kanye West Teases Lyrics for New Song ‘Father Stretch My Hands’
- Justin Bieber Talks Hailey Baldwin, Selena Gomez and Not Settling Down
- Get The Presale Code For Beyonce’s “Formation World Tour”
- Tori Kelly Previews GRAMMY Performance with James Bay
- Acid Trip at Taylor Swift Concert Inspires New Lana Del Rey Video