Andre 3000 Keeps OutKast Hopes Alive, “I Can’t Say It’s Over”
“There are not any plans right now,” he told Fader magazine. “We’re not on the roster or on a schedule with a label to put out an OutKast album. I can’t say if or when we will, but I’m going to be in OutKast forever in some kind of way. I can’t really say OutKast is over so it always trips me out when these things get on the internet…”
While the OutKast reunion plans remain up in the air, 3000 did speak on his solo project.
“I’m actually putting myself on deadlines more than ever,” he said. “I don’t have someone policing that…I’m looking at it like, Okay, I don’t want to be like 40 years old and to haven’t done this album.”
OutKast, which is primarily comprised of Big Boi and Andre 3000, has produced six studio albums as a group. The last Outkast album was Idlewild (2006), which also served as a soundtrack for the movie in which OutKast starred. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- R.I.P. Jaden Smith’s Twitter Account
- Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas 2015’s Epic Trailer Is Here
- E! Planning Bruce Jenner Specials After ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’
- Watch Justin Bieber Turn Up to Big Sean’s ‘IDFWU’ Before Mayweather vs. Pacquiao
- Stephen Merchant Goes ‘Dirrty’ Like Christina Aguilera for ‘Lip Sync Battle': Watch
- Jamie Foxx Returns with ‘Baby’s in Love’ Featuring Kid Ink: Listen
- 7 Things Men Look For In The Woman Of Their Dreams
- [PHOTOS] Bea Miller’s LA Connect Green Room Performance
- Madonna Kinda Regrets That Kiss with Drake, Too
- Rihanna’s a Redhead Again: See Her New Look