Andre 3000 Keeps OutKast Hopes Alive, “I Can’t Say It’s Over”
“There are not any plans right now,” he told Fader magazine. “We’re not on the roster or on a schedule with a label to put out an OutKast album. I can’t say if or when we will, but I’m going to be in OutKast forever in some kind of way. I can’t really say OutKast is over so it always trips me out when these things get on the internet…”
While the OutKast reunion plans remain up in the air, 3000 did speak on his solo project.
“I’m actually putting myself on deadlines more than ever,” he said. “I don’t have someone policing that…I’m looking at it like, Okay, I don’t want to be like 40 years old and to haven’t done this album.”
OutKast, which is primarily comprised of Big Boi and Andre 3000, has produced six studio albums as a group. The last Outkast album was Idlewild (2006), which also served as a soundtrack for the movie in which OutKast starred. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- New “Orlando Eye” Set To Open in 2015
- Deadmau5 Test Drives Race Car, Tattoos Logo on Arm
- VIDEO: Guy Taking A Selfie Gets Kicked In The Head By Train Conductor
- Interview: Iggy Azalea On Fame, ‘Fancy’ and the Unattractively Talented
- 10 Women Who Should Headline Coachella In 2015
- Watch Taylor Swift Surprise a Fan at Her Bridal Shower
- Jay Z Is Bringing His Made in America Festival to the West Coast, While Still Keeping It In Philly
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized For Severe Allergic Reaction, Cancels Shows
- Are Jay Z & Beyoncé Touring Together This Summer?
- Disclosure Points EDM Back to the Future