“There are not any plans right now,” he told Fader magazine. “We’re not on the roster or on a schedule with a label to put out an OutKast album. I can’t say if or when we will, but I’m going to be in OutKast forever in some kind of way. I can’t really say OutKast is over so it always trips me out when these things get on the internet…”
While the OutKast reunion plans remain up in the air, 3000 did speak on his solo project.
“I’m actually putting myself on deadlines more than ever,” he said. “I don’t have someone policing that…I’m looking at it like, Okay, I don’t want to be like 40 years old and to haven’t done this album.”
OutKast, which is primarily comprised of Big Boi and Andre 3000, has produced six studio albums as a group. The last Outkast album was Idlewild (2006), which also served as a soundtrack for the movie in which OutKast starred. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- 11 Totally Epic Taylor Swift Squad Moments
- Preview Lady Gaga on ‘Carpool Karaoke’
- Wiz Khalifa and Son Sebastian Appear in ‘Sleep at Night’ Video
- General Mills To Launch New Girl Scouts Cookie Cereals
- Suge Knight Sues Dr. Dre, Claims Murder for Hire Plot
- Early Voting Locations In Orange County
- Lady Gaga and Dad Get Matching ‘Joanne’ Tattoos
- Daily Dish For 10.25.16
- Rihanna, Missy Elliott Turn to Social Media to Find Missing Dancer
- Yes, I Want To Be Single