“There are not any plans right now,” he told Fader magazine. “We’re not on the roster or on a schedule with a label to put out an OutKast album. I can’t say if or when we will, but I’m going to be in OutKast forever in some kind of way. I can’t really say OutKast is over so it always trips me out when these things get on the internet…”
While the OutKast reunion plans remain up in the air, 3000 did speak on his solo project.
“I’m actually putting myself on deadlines more than ever,” he said. “I don’t have someone policing that…I’m looking at it like, Okay, I don’t want to be like 40 years old and to haven’t done this album.”
OutKast, which is primarily comprised of Big Boi and Andre 3000, has produced six studio albums as a group. The last Outkast album was Idlewild (2006), which also served as a soundtrack for the movie in which OutKast starred. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Drake Is Producing A Singing Album For Young Thug
- 5 Tips For Making Your Post Workout Smoothie Taste Better
- Beyonce Ordering A Meal Is Now A Hilarious Meme
- Hayley Williams Loves Your ‘Hard Times’ Covers
- Amber Rose on Losing Her Virginity: ‘It Was a Very Special Moment’
- DJ Khaled’s New Video Features Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, Chance the Rapper & Quavo
- The Age Women Feel ‘The Most Beautiful’
- John Legend’s Daughter Luna Loves His TIME 100 Cover
- James Blunt Roasted by Australian Comedian
- Lorde, Iggy Azalea, Imagine Dragons to Play Much Music Awards