Andre 3000 Keeps OutKast Hopes Alive, “I Can’t Say It’s Over”
“There are not any plans right now,” he told Fader magazine. “We’re not on the roster or on a schedule with a label to put out an OutKast album. I can’t say if or when we will, but I’m going to be in OutKast forever in some kind of way. I can’t really say OutKast is over so it always trips me out when these things get on the internet…”
While the OutKast reunion plans remain up in the air, 3000 did speak on his solo project.
“I’m actually putting myself on deadlines more than ever,” he said. “I don’t have someone policing that…I’m looking at it like, Okay, I don’t want to be like 40 years old and to haven’t done this album.”
OutKast, which is primarily comprised of Big Boi and Andre 3000, has produced six studio albums as a group. The last Outkast album was Idlewild (2006), which also served as a soundtrack for the movie in which OutKast starred. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Justin Bieber: New Song, New Album (‘Soon’), New Outlook
- Reality Check For 8/28/15: Adele’s New Album, New Words Added To The Dictionary, Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING,
- Nicki Minaj to Open 2015 MTV Video Music Awards
- Tower Records Immortalized in New Doc Featuring Former Employee Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Discuss New Album and VMA Performance
- What is Selena Gomez Teasing?
- Fifth Harmony Check in to Haunted Hotel for ‘I’m in Love with a Monster’ Video
- Preview New 5 Seconds of Summer Song ‘Jet Black Heart’
- Nicki Minaj Shares Ultrasound Photo ‘Big News Coming Today’
- Justin Bieber Shares ‘What Do You Mean?’ Posts From Alec Bladwin, Skrillex and More