Andre 3000 Keeps OutKast Hopes Alive, “I Can’t Say It’s Over”
“There are not any plans right now,” he told Fader magazine. “We’re not on the roster or on a schedule with a label to put out an OutKast album. I can’t say if or when we will, but I’m going to be in OutKast forever in some kind of way. I can’t really say OutKast is over so it always trips me out when these things get on the internet…”
While the OutKast reunion plans remain up in the air, 3000 did speak on his solo project.
“I’m actually putting myself on deadlines more than ever,” he said. “I don’t have someone policing that…I’m looking at it like, Okay, I don’t want to be like 40 years old and to haven’t done this album.”
OutKast, which is primarily comprised of Big Boi and Andre 3000, has produced six studio albums as a group. The last Outkast album was Idlewild (2006), which also served as a soundtrack for the movie in which OutKast starred. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Big Boi Hops on Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Remix: Listen
- Nick Jonas Recreates Tom Hanks’ Iconic Big Piano Dance: Watch
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- Top 14 New Artists Of 2014
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater
- University of Pennsylvania Frat Suspended for Holiday Card with Beyoncé Sex Doll
- Chris Brown & Tyga Get All Conceited on New Joint Track ‘Ayo’
- Nicki Minaj Thinks Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Crazy Voices’ Remind Her A Lot of Nicki Minaj
- Drake Had a Lot of Fun at the Toronto Raptors’ 2nd Annual ‘Drake Night’
- Google Releases 2014’s Year in Search Stats