“There are not any plans right now,” he told Fader magazine. “We’re not on the roster or on a schedule with a label to put out an OutKast album. I can’t say if or when we will, but I’m going to be in OutKast forever in some kind of way. I can’t really say OutKast is over so it always trips me out when these things get on the internet…”
While the OutKast reunion plans remain up in the air, 3000 did speak on his solo project.
“I’m actually putting myself on deadlines more than ever,” he said. “I don’t have someone policing that…I’m looking at it like, Okay, I don’t want to be like 40 years old and to haven’t done this album.”
OutKast, which is primarily comprised of Big Boi and Andre 3000, has produced six studio albums as a group. The last Outkast album was Idlewild (2006), which also served as a soundtrack for the movie in which OutKast starred. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win Fandango Tickets To See ‘Jigsaw’!
- Listen To Win Tickets To Ed Sheeran!
- Play “Beat My Tweet” To Win Jon Bellion Tickets!
- Listen This Week To Dine At Café Rio!
- Listen To Win Tickets For Sesame Street Live!
- Kevin Kon Makes A 13-Year-Old’s Dream Come True
- Join 101.9 AMP Radio For The 5th Annual Beer, Bacon & BBQ Festival
- ‘Veep’ Stars Lip Sync Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ for Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Kelly Clarkson Gets in the Holiday Spirit with New Song ‘Christmas Eve’
- Marshmello and Khalid Release ‘Silence’ Video