“There are not any plans right now,” he told Fader magazine. “We’re not on the roster or on a schedule with a label to put out an OutKast album. I can’t say if or when we will, but I’m going to be in OutKast forever in some kind of way. I can’t really say OutKast is over so it always trips me out when these things get on the internet…”
While the OutKast reunion plans remain up in the air, 3000 did speak on his solo project.
“I’m actually putting myself on deadlines more than ever,” he said. “I don’t have someone policing that…I’m looking at it like, Okay, I don’t want to be like 40 years old and to haven’t done this album.”
OutKast, which is primarily comprised of Big Boi and Andre 3000, has produced six studio albums as a group. The last Outkast album was Idlewild (2006), which also served as a soundtrack for the movie in which OutKast starred. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- 4th Of July Drink Ideas
- Watch a Trailer for Tyler the Creator’s New Show ‘Nuts + Bolts’
- Teen Kills Boyfriend Trying To Get More Youtube Followers
- “All The Feels” For 6.29.17
- Macklemore Debuts ‘Glorious’ on Fallon
- 5 Times Bruno Mars Won Throwback Thursday
- IMPACT: Calvin Harris’ ‘Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1’
- You Laugh, You Lose! (Office Makeover)
- Adele Asks Fans to Donate to Grenfell Tower Victims, Hints at Tour Retirement
- Wanna Pay $6,500 or More for Justin Bieber’s Right Yeezy?