Janet Jackson Not Joining ‘The X Factor’
[photogallerylink id=13011 align=left]Speculation continues to grow as to who will replace Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger on the upcoming season of ‘The X Factor.’ Janet Jackson is taking the guessing out of the game, and simply stating she will not be joining the next season.
Rumors have been spreading that many female celebrities such as, Jackson, Britney Spears, Pink, Mariah Carey, or Beyonce, would be joining ‘The X Factor’ for it’s second season. However, you can scratch Jackson off that list.
Jackson told ‘The Insider‘ that she’s “taking her hat out of the ring” due to conflicting schedules, due in part to her ‘Up Close and Personal Tour’ this summer and working with ‘Lionsgate.’ The singer said she is “very flattered that ‘X Factor’ let me know I was being considered for next season, but the gig would not be possible at this time.”
Simon Cowell hasn’t publicly stated who he’s considering for the two open positions, but he has stated that he is taking meetings over the next few weeks. As far as who will not be sitting at the judges panel, you can count Jackson out.
What’s new on JAMZ!
- Win Tickets to See Walk The Moon
- Jamie Foxx Announces New Album ‘Hollywood’
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Kanye West Got Served at LAX—& Threw the Papers Out the Window
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You
- Want Jay Z or Jack White to Call You? Subscribe to TIDAL
- New Music to Know: LunchMoney Lewis Wants To Make Your Life More Fun
- A$AP Rocky Threatened to Punch a Guy at a London Bagel Shop, But He’s Over It
- Chris Brown Shows Off His New Baby Daughter: See the Photo