Beyonce To Star In Musical By ‘Glee’ Creator
Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, and Andy Samberg have all signed on to star in One Hit Wonders, a movie musical by Glee creator Ryan Murphy. Paltrow, Witherspoon & Diaz will play ’90s solo divas who recorded one hit before their careers tanked and then decide to get together to form a supergroup. Samburg and the Lonely Island will create original music. No information is currently available on the specifics of Beyonce’s role in the project.
All these ladies have tackled singing roles on film before. Beyonce had an unforgettable star turn in Dreamgirls. Paltrow made her vocal movie debut in Duets and has become a recurring character on Glee. Witherspoon won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. And Diaz notoriously offered up her take on terrible karaoke in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Ryan Murphy will write, direct and produce the film. He is best known as the creator of Glee, American Horror Story, and Nip/Tuck as well as the writer/director of Eat Pray Love.
What’s new onJAMZ?
- Beat My Tweet To See Charli XCX In Concert
- Tomorrowland Brazil 2015 Live Stream: Watch
- Jason Bateman Narrates ‘A LEGO Brickumentary’—Coming to Theaters in July
- Disclosure Return with Club-Ready New Song ‘Bang That': Listen
- Win Tickets To The Advance Screening Of Pitch Perfect 2
- Kanye West Doesn’t Impress Brandon Flowers Much
- Adam Lambert’s ‘Ghost Town’ Gets TV Debut on ‘Ellen': Watch
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde All the Way to Her Eyebrows for ‘Wonderland': See the Cover
- Daft Punk Are Now LEGO Minifigures, Near Immortality
- Hoda Kotb Slayed Michael Strahan with ‘Uptown Funk’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle': Watch