Beyonce To Star In Musical By ‘Glee’ Creator
Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, and Andy Samberg have all signed on to star in One Hit Wonders, a movie musical by Glee creator Ryan Murphy. Paltrow, Witherspoon & Diaz will play ’90s solo divas who recorded one hit before their careers tanked and then decide to get together to form a supergroup. Samburg and the Lonely Island will create original music. No information is currently available on the specifics of Beyonce’s role in the project.
All these ladies have tackled singing roles on film before. Beyonce had an unforgettable star turn in Dreamgirls. Paltrow made her vocal movie debut in Duets and has become a recurring character on Glee. Witherspoon won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. And Diaz notoriously offered up her take on terrible karaoke in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Ryan Murphy will write, direct and produce the film. He is best known as the creator of Glee, American Horror Story, and Nip/Tuck as well as the writer/director of Eat Pray Love.
What’s new onJAMZ?
- Miley Cyrus’ Producer Oren Yoel Discusses ‘Dead Petz’ and Madonna Comparisons
- Avicii Makes Directorial Debut in ‘For a Better Day’ and ‘Pure Grinding’ Videos
- French Montana On Jay Z, Diddy And New Movie: Rap Radar Podcast No. 6
- Harry Styles’ SeaWorld Comments Yield Unbelievable Results
- Lana Del Rey Talks Feminism with James Franco
- Janet Jackson’s ‘Unbreakable’ Details Reveal Only Two Special Guests
- Justin Bieber Discusses His Emotional MTV VMA’s Performance
- Austin Mahone Drops New Single ‘Do It Right’
- L.A. County Forms Electronic Music Task Force
- Reality Check For 9/3/15: Avril And Chad Are Dunzo, Harry Styles Hit In The Face, JT On Jimmy Fallon Next Week