Beyonce To Star In Musical By ‘Glee’ Creator
Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, and Andy Samberg have all signed on to star in One Hit Wonders, a movie musical by Glee creator Ryan Murphy. Paltrow, Witherspoon & Diaz will play ’90s solo divas who recorded one hit before their careers tanked and then decide to get together to form a supergroup. Samburg and the Lonely Island will create original music. No information is currently available on the specifics of Beyonce’s role in the project.
All these ladies have tackled singing roles on film before. Beyonce had an unforgettable star turn in Dreamgirls. Paltrow made her vocal movie debut in Duets and has become a recurring character on Glee. Witherspoon won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. And Diaz notoriously offered up her take on terrible karaoke in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Ryan Murphy will write, direct and produce the film. He is best known as the creator of Glee, American Horror Story, and Nip/Tuck as well as the writer/director of Eat Pray Love.
What’s new onJAMZ?
- Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Avicii: Who is the World’s Highest Paid DJ?
- 10 Epic Ice Bucket Challenge FAILS!!!
- Stream ’11:11,’ Puff Daddy’s Deep House Project with Guy Gerber
- Elizabeth Arden Reports Losses After Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift Fragrances Tank
- Taylor Swift’s 1989: An Odd Year for Pop Music 25 Years Ago
- Pharrell’s GRAMMY Hat is Off to the Newseum
- Listen: Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga Duet on ‘I Can’t Give You Anything But Love’
- Future Is a ‘Monster’ on New Track
- Earl Sweatshirt Says He Doesn’t Need to Watch Taylor Swift’s New Video to Know It’s ‘Inherently Offensive and Ultimately Harmful’
- Q&A: 5 Seconds of Summer’s Ashton Irwin on Skynyrd, Catering and Meeting Dave Grohl