Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, and Andy Samberg have all signed on to star in One Hit Wonders, a movie musical by Glee creator Ryan Murphy. Paltrow, Witherspoon & Diaz will play ’90s solo divas who recorded one hit before their careers tanked and then decide to get together to form a supergroup. Samburg and the Lonely Island will create original music. No information is currently available on the specifics of Beyonce’s role in the project.
All these ladies have tackled singing roles on film before. Beyonce had an unforgettable star turn in Dreamgirls. Paltrow made her vocal movie debut in Duets and has become a recurring character on Glee. Witherspoon won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. And Diaz notoriously offered up her take on terrible karaoke in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Ryan Murphy will write, direct and produce the film. He is best known as the creator of Glee, American Horror Story, and Nip/Tuck as well as the writer/director of Eat Pray Love.
What’s new onJAMZ?
- Logic Shares Powerful, Star-Studded ‘1-800-273-8255’ Video
- Justin Bieber Debuts New Song ‘Friends’
- Dad Shows Baby How To Dance To Bruno Mars
- Study: Date Nights Are Important For Relationships
- Katy Perry Postpones ‘Witness’ Tour, Cites ‘Unavoidable Production Delays’
- Taylor Swift Begins Donations to Support Sexual Assault Victims
- You Laugh, You Lose! (Drag Queen Makeover)
- Zayn Malik is Working on ‘More Thought Out’ Second Solo Album
- Ed Sheeran Surprises at Shawn Mendes Concert
- Daily Dish for 8.17.17