This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960’s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009’s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- Join 101.9 AMP Radio’s Chad Pitt At Ember For Surrender Sunday!
- Chris Brown Arrested Following Allegations of Threat with Gun
- Drake And Rihanna Are Officially Official
- Justin Bieber Presented With Eight Guinness World Records
- Lena Dunham Discovers what Ariana Grande’s ‘Side to Side’ is About
- John Legend Proposes Changing National Anthem
- Damon Dash Developing Roc-A-Fella Story for Television
- Iggy Azalea & French Montana Take Romantic Vacation
- Chris Brown Investigated by Police at Los Angeles Home
- Full Cast Of The New Season Of Dancing With The Stars