This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960’s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009’s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See Jack & Jack With Daya
- Win Tickets To Opening Weekend Of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win Tickets To Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Legends
- 6 Tips For Bringing A Date To Thanksgiving
- Adele’s “Hello” In 25 Different Styles!
- Kylie Jenner Denies Tyga Breakup Rumors
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- SeaWorld’s “Blue Friday” Includes BOGO Annual Passes
- 2 Chainz Debuts Ugly Christmas Sweater Line & ‘BFF’ Music Video
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’