Octavia Spencer Wins Best Supporting Actress Academy Award For ‘The Help’
This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960’s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009’s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- Win A $100 Gift Certificate To Bonefish Grill
- Win Tickets & Meet N’ Greet Passes To See Prince Royce
- Deadmau5 Trolls Justin Bieber, Diplo & Skrillex with Parody Remix of ‘Where Are Ü Now’
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- 13 Patriotic TV Shows to Watch Over 4th of July Weekend
- Rihanna’s Sexual, Violent ‘BBHMM’ Video is Very NSFW
- Beyoncé Recreates ‘7/11′ Video to Celebrate Gay Marriage Equality