This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960’s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009’s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- Niall Horan Releases First Single, ‘This Town’
- Beyoncé Shows Off New Ivy Park Collection
- Wrestling Superstar Cody Rhodes Talks Wrestling, Cheat Meals, His ‘Arrow’ Stint & Halloween Horror Nights
- The Weeknd Surprises with New Single ‘False Alarm’
- Meet Phoebe Ryan, Vocalist on The Chainsmokers’ ‘All We Know’
- Jay Z, Dame Dash Win Lawsuit Against Graphic Designer
- Kesha Defends Former Miss Universe Against Donald Trump Attack
- Britney Spears Biopic ‘Britney’ Cast Revealed
- Shawn Mendes and James Corden Battle Deploys Sia, Spice Girls & TLC
- Cody Rhodes Ultimate Wrestling List