Octavia Spencer Wins Best Supporting Actress Academy Award For ‘The Help’
This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960’s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009’s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- Arrrr Get Yur Free Donut Today!
- Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Selling Old Mansion for $11 Million
- Miley Cyrus Could Face Fine, Jail Time For Mexican Flag Twerking Incident
- Kanye West, Lorde Reportedly Getting Together in the Studio
- The Best Instructions On Labels ( NSFW)
- ScHoolboy Q Hops on Disclosure & Sam Smith’s ‘Latch’ Remix: Listen
- Taylor Swift: 5 Things You May Not Know About Her New Album
- Related Questions: Ne-Yo – ‘She Knows’
- Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani Lip Sync Battle Jimmy Fallon with ‘Endless Love': Watch
- Demi Lovato Talks World Tour, New Album, New Skin Care Line And Africa