This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960’s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009’s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj’s “Side To Side” Certified Triple Platinum
- Aaron Carter Thinks He’ll End Up with a Woman
- Lorde Strips Down ‘Melodrama’ for Intimate Performance
- The Muppets Detail First-Ever Full-Length Live Shows
- Happy Birthday Joe Jonas
- Paramore’s Hayley Williams Plays John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ on a Casio
- Rihanna Taps Calvin Harris for Third Annual Diamond Ball
- Britney Spears Also Loves ‘Mi Gente’ Song
- Ariana Grande Manchester Concert Bombing Victims to Receive $324K Each
- 5 Funny Roller Coaster Videos On ‘National Roller Coaster Day’