This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960’s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009’s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- John Singleton Slams Tupac Movie ‘All Eyez On Me’
- Wyclef Jean Announces New Album, Drops 2 New Tracks
- JAY-Z Pens Inspiring Call for Social Justice
- My Summer TV Binge
- Man Abandons Work Truck To Snap A Selfie With The Rock
- One Direction Members Send Condolences on Passing of Harry Styles’ Step-Father
- Blake Shelton Wishes Carson Daly a Happy Birthday, as Only He Can
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre and Aftermath
- Study: The Real Reason Most People Cheat
- Amber Rose & 2 Chainz Debate the Merits of Pubic Hair