This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960’s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009’s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown Over VMA Party Shooting
- Calvin Harris Apologizes to Paparazzi
- Chris Martin Calls Rihanna the Frank Sinatra of our Generation
- Joey Fatone Launching Hot Dog Cart
- UCF Orlando Strong 5K To Benefit Pulse Employees
- Ray J’s Manager Slams Kanye West’s ‘Famous’ Video
- Lady Gaga Talks Kindness with the Dalai Lama
- DJ Khaled Drops Jay Z Assisted Track ‘I Got The Keys’
- Desiigner Drops ‘New English’ Mixtape
- 50 Cent Arrested for Profanity