This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960’s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009’s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- Drake Is Producing A Singing Album For Young Thug
- 5 Tips For Making Your Post Workout Smoothie Taste Better
- Beyonce Ordering A Meal Is Now A Hilarious Meme
- Hayley Williams Loves Your ‘Hard Times’ Covers
- Amber Rose on Losing Her Virginity: ‘It Was a Very Special Moment’
- DJ Khaled’s New Video Features Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, Chance the Rapper & Quavo
- The Age Women Feel ‘The Most Beautiful’
- John Legend’s Daughter Luna Loves His TIME 100 Cover
- James Blunt Roasted by Australian Comedian
- Lorde, Iggy Azalea, Imagine Dragons to Play Much Music Awards