Octavia Spencer Wins Best Supporting Actress Academy Award For ‘The Help’
This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960’s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009’s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- WIN Kalin And Myles Backstage Passes
- Childish Gambino Confirms He Is Playing a Stripper in ‘Magic Mike XXL’
- Zedd on How He Met Selena Gomez
- Please Enjoy These Tweets About the Llamas on the Loose
- Kanye West Cries During Interview
- New Music To Know: Ryn Weaver, a Pop Star For the Rest of Us
- Neurotic City: 5 Times Prince Has Acted Ponderously Purple
- Pharrell, Chad Hugo Made Into Statues for Art Piece
- Watch Justin Bieber Twerk for An Old Woman
- Liam Gallagher Just Wants Kanye West to Go Back to ‘The College Dropout’