Octavia Spencer Wins Best Supporting Actress Academy Award For ‘The Help’
This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960′s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009′s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- Paul Walker’s Family Keep Him Alive In Fast And Furious 7
- This Week’s Beats With Stacy Keith: “Am I Wrong” -Nico & Vinz
- Pharrell’s “Happy” Tears On Oprah
- People Applying For The Hardest Job In The World
- Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds Garnering Songwriters Hall of Fame Honor
- ‘The Voice’ Tour- Get Your Tickets Early
- Hot Right Now: Taylor Swift Surprises Fan At Her Bridal Shower
- US Airways Pornographic Response To Upset Customers
- Tax Day Deals And Free Stuff!!
- Amazing Spiderman 2 Video With Alicia Keys, Pharrell, Kendrick Lamar, And Hans Zimmer