Octavia Spencer Wins Best Supporting Actress Academy Award For ‘The Help’
This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960’s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009’s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- Azealia Banks Takes on Nicki Minaj in Miley Cyrus Body Image Debate
- No New Lady Gaga Album Until After ‘American Horror Story’
- Nicki Minaj Explains why Miley Cyrus Made Her So Mad at the VMAs
- Iggy Azalea Announces New Album Title
- [PHOTOS] Howl-O-Scream Zombies & Naughty Nurses At The AMP Radio Studios
- Mariah Carey Directs ‘A Christmas Melody’ Movie in Time for the Holidays
- Taylor Swift’s ‘New Songs that Will Make Your Life Awesome’ List
- Watch Adam Lambert’s Trailer for ‘Another Lonely Night’ Video
- Justin Bieber Posts Video Playing John Mayer Riff
- Reality Check For 10/7/15: Jay Leno Steps In For Jimmy Fallon, Ariana Grande Kisses Her BFF, Girl Sneezes 12,000 Times A Day