It was announced earlier this week that Whitney Houston‘s funeral at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J. would be a private, invitation only affair. But thanks to the wonders of the web, the funeral will now be streamed live this Saturday for the world to attend via their home computers.
According to the Associated Press, the funeral at the church where Houston first honed her singing skills as a child, will be streamed by the AP via the following link:
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Marvin Winans[/lastfm], the GRAMMY-winning gospel singer, will give the eulogy and it has also been reported that Houston’s godmother, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Aretha Franklin[/lastfm], will be participating in the services as well. Houston will be laid to rest in the Fair View Cemetery in Westfield, N.J. It is the same cemetery where her father, John Russell Houston Jr. was buried in 2003.
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- Watch Justin Bieber Play Beethoven on Piano
- Britney Spears Wants You to Know She Sings Live
- Giant Live Lobster Found In Luggage
- Kendrick Lamar Drops Intense ‘Element’ Video
- Lana Del Rey Explains ‘Lust for Life’ Album Title to Stevie Nicks
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Halsey’s Diss: ‘I Don’t Know Her’
- Justin Bieber Calls Drake ‘Best of Our Generation’
- Bruno Mars & David Guetta Drop ‘Versace on The Floor’ Remix
- Watch Taylor Swift Congratulate Russell Westbrook on NBA MVP
- Nick Jonas Debuts ‘Remember I Told You’ Video with Anne-Marie, Mike Posner