Whitney Houston Funeral To Be Streamed Over The Internet
It was announced earlier this week that Whitney Houston‘s funeral at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J. would be a private, invitation only affair. But thanks to the wonders of the web, the funeral will now be streamed live this Saturday for the world to attend via their home computers.
According to the Associated Press, the funeral at the church where Houston first honed her singing skills as a child, will be streamed by the AP via the following link:
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Marvin Winans[/lastfm], the GRAMMY-winning gospel singer, will give the eulogy and it has also been reported that Houston’s godmother, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Aretha Franklin[/lastfm], will be participating in the services as well. Houston will be laid to rest in the Fair View Cemetery in Westfield, N.J. It is the same cemetery where her father, John Russell Houston Jr. was buried in 2003.
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Kendrick Lamar Performs ‘i’ at LeBron James’ First Home Game in Cleveland: Watch
- New Music To Know: Dej Loaf Puts Detroit on the Map, Again
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Trick-Or-Eat And Celebrate This Halloween FOR FREE!
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams Lose Round 1 In Lawsuit Against ‘Blurred Lines’
- Sam Smith Pulls Surprise Guest Ed Sheeran for ‘Stay With Me’ Duet: Watch
- Dr. Luke Files Lawsuit Against Kesha’s Mother, Accuses Her of ‘Tortious Interference’
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers