It was announced earlier this week that Whitney Houston‘s funeral at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J. would be a private, invitation only affair. But thanks to the wonders of the web, the funeral will now be streamed live this Saturday for the world to attend via their home computers.
According to the Associated Press, the funeral at the church where Houston first honed her singing skills as a child, will be streamed by the AP via the following link:
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Marvin Winans[/lastfm], the GRAMMY-winning gospel singer, will give the eulogy and it has also been reported that Houston’s godmother, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Aretha Franklin[/lastfm], will be participating in the services as well. Houston will be laid to rest in the Fair View Cemetery in Westfield, N.J. It is the same cemetery where her father, John Russell Houston Jr. was buried in 2003.
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- Twenty One Pilots, Frank Ocean, Chance The Rapper to Headline Sasquatch Festival
- Justin Bieber Calls The Weeknd’s Music ‘Wack’
- Drake Joins Rae Sremmurd Onstage in Amsterdam
- Lance Bass Shares an ‘Alternative Fact’ about Betty White
- Madonna Says Her Quotes at D.C. Rally were Taken ‘Wildly Out of Context’
- Watch Ed Sheeran’s Poignant ‘Castle on the Hill’ Video
- Daily Dish For 1.23.17
- Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, More React to Anti-Trump Marches
- Play “Beat My Tweet” To Win Tickets To See Kehlani
- Play ‘Battle Of The Hoods’ To Win Big Sean Tickets