It was announced earlier this week that Whitney Houston‘s funeral at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J. would be a private, invitation only affair. But thanks to the wonders of the web, the funeral will now be streamed live this Saturday for the world to attend via their home computers.
According to the Associated Press, the funeral at the church where Houston first honed her singing skills as a child, will be streamed by the AP via the following link:
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Marvin Winans[/lastfm], the GRAMMY-winning gospel singer, will give the eulogy and it has also been reported that Houston’s godmother, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Aretha Franklin[/lastfm], will be participating in the services as well. Houston will be laid to rest in the Fair View Cemetery in Westfield, N.J. It is the same cemetery where her father, John Russell Houston Jr. was buried in 2003.
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- Puppy Monkey Baby Gets a Remix
- Hailey Baldwin Clarifies Relationship with Justin Bieber
- Meghan Trainor Debuts New Hair Color
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex’s ‘Where Are U Now?” – Behind the Song
- Kanye West Reveals ‘The Life of Pablo’ Album Cover
- Alley Brooke Talks Next Fifth Harmony Album: ‘It’s Definitely a Step Up’
- Katy Perry on Her Next Album and Watching the GRAMMYs in Her PJs
- Kanye West Teases Lyrics for New Song ‘Father Stretch My Hands’
- Justin Bieber Talks Hailey Baldwin, Selena Gomez and Not Settling Down
- Get The Presale Code For Beyonce’s “Formation World Tour”