It was announced earlier this week that Whitney Houston‘s funeral at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J. would be a private, invitation only affair. But thanks to the wonders of the web, the funeral will now be streamed live this Saturday for the world to attend via their home computers.
According to the Associated Press, the funeral at the church where Houston first honed her singing skills as a child, will be streamed by the AP via the following link:
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Marvin Winans[/lastfm], the GRAMMY-winning gospel singer, will give the eulogy and it has also been reported that Houston’s godmother, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Aretha Franklin[/lastfm], will be participating in the services as well. Houston will be laid to rest in the Fair View Cemetery in Westfield, N.J. It is the same cemetery where her father, John Russell Houston Jr. was buried in 2003.
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- [PHOTOS] 101.9 Amplified Lounge Starring Sofia Carson
- US Attorney’s Office and DEA Join Prince investigation
- Drake to Host & Perform on ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Dicky De Mayo Starring Lil Dicky Is Sold Out And We Have Your Last Chance At Winning Tickets!
- EPIC Britney Spears 2016 Megamix [VIDEO]
- Beyoncé Shares Statement about North Carolina’s Anti-LGBT Law
- Kehlani Tackles Depression on New Song ’24/7′
- Chad’s “Hate Email” From A Listener
- [WATCH] Getting Coffee With Chad And Jill
- Prince was Set to Meet with an Addiction Specialist the Day He Died