Rumor: Whitney Houston’s Family Will Not Permit Bobby Brown To Attend The Singer’s Funeral
[photogallerylink id=77890 align=right]
Reports have surfaced that [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Whitney Houston[/lastfm]’s family will not allow the singer’s ex-husband [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Bobby Brown[/lastfm], to attend Houston’s funeral. According to reports, Cissy Houston (the mother of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Whitney Houston[/lastfm]) is trying her best to keep Bobby Brown away from the funeral and his daughter Bobbi Kristina.
It’s no secret that there has been bad blood from the beginning between [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Bobby Brown[/lastfm] and the Houstons. Some are saying that Whitney’s family is blaming the ‘Prerogative’ singer for Houston’s downfall and struggles with her drug addiction. According to FoxNews.com, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Bobby Brown [/lastfm]will not attend Whitney Houston’s funeral at her family’s request and will instead perform at a concert in Connecticut with New Edition.
The night of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Whitney Houston[/lastfm]’s death, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Bobby Brown[/lastfm] took to the stage during his New Edition concert in Mississippi to express his love for Houston, sobbing through his entire 4 hour performance. The next day, Brown skipped out on his Nashville performance to fly to Los Angeles to be with his daughter, however there have been reports that Bobby Brown was also turned away and not permitted to visit his 18-year old daughter Bobbi Kristina. Some are saying that Brown is also to blame for his daughter’s abuse with alcohol and drugs.
A source close to the Houston family confirmed to PEOPLE that [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Bobby Brown[/lastfm] will indeed attend the funeral to support his daughter and perform with his band-mates [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]New Edition[/lastfm] later that night in Connecticut. Apparently, there has been some talk of banning the singer, but the family will allow him to attend and grieve for his ex-wife.
What do you think, should Bobby Brown be allowed to attend his ex-wife’s funeral? Tell us your thoughts in the comments!
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- 13 Patriotic TV Shows to Watch Over 4th of July Weekend
- Rihanna’s Sexual, Violent ‘BBHMM’ Video is Very NSFW
- Beyoncé Recreates ‘7/11′ Video to Celebrate Gay Marriage Equality
- Enter Keyword To Win Ed Sheeran Tickets
- Prince Removes Music From All Streaming Services Except TIDAL
- Eminem Interviewed by Stephen Colbert on Real Michigan Cable Access Show