Rumor: Whitney Houston’s Family Will Not Permit Bobby Brown To Attend The Singer’s Funeral
[photogallerylink id=77890 align=right]
Reports have surfaced that [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Whitney Houston[/lastfm]‘s family will not allow the singer’s ex-husband [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Bobby Brown[/lastfm], to attend Houston’s funeral. According to reports, Cissy Houston (the mother of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Whitney Houston[/lastfm]) is trying her best to keep Bobby Brown away from the funeral and his daughter Bobbi Kristina.
It’s no secret that there has been bad blood from the beginning between [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Bobby Brown[/lastfm] and the Houstons. Some are saying that Whitney’s family is blaming the ‘Prerogative’ singer for Houston’s downfall and struggles with her drug addiction. According to FoxNews.com, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Bobby Brown [/lastfm]will not attend Whitney Houston’s funeral at her family’s request and will instead perform at a concert in Connecticut with New Edition.
The night of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Whitney Houston[/lastfm]‘s death, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Bobby Brown[/lastfm] took to the stage during his New Edition concert in Mississippi to express his love for Houston, sobbing through his entire 4 hour performance. The next day, Brown skipped out on his Nashville performance to fly to Los Angeles to be with his daughter, however there have been reports that Bobby Brown was also turned away and not permitted to visit his 18-year old daughter Bobbi Kristina. Some are saying that Brown is also to blame for his daughter’s abuse with alcohol and drugs.
A source close to the Houston family confirmed to PEOPLE that [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Bobby Brown[/lastfm] will indeed attend the funeral to support his daughter and perform with his band-mates [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]New Edition[/lastfm] later that night in Connecticut. Apparently, there has been some talk of banning the singer, but the family will allow him to attend and grieve for his ex-wife.
What do you think, should Bobby Brown be allowed to attend his ex-wife’s funeral? Tell us your thoughts in the comments!
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- Watch Beyoncé Make It Clear, She’s Not Bossy, She’s The Boss
- Skrillex Announces 2014 ‘Mothership Tour’ Across North America
- Frank Ocean, Diplo & The Clash Collaborate on New Track ‘Hero’
- Justin Bieber’s Wink at the End of His Deposition Could Tear This World Asunder
- Lily Allen Reveals ‘Sheezus’ Release Date, New Song ‘Our Time’
- Swedish House Mafia’s Steve Angello to Give Away His Size Records Catalog for Free
- Hot Right Now: Are Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber Back Together?
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling