When the special Valentine’s Day episode of Glee (which airs tonight on FOX) was put together, there was no way of predicting the tragic end to the life of Whitney Houston which occurred Saturday. So it’s only by chance that Whitney’s classic I Will Always Love You appears in the episode as sung by Amber “Mercedes” Riley.
FOX released the following statement yesterday:
Purely coincidentally, the episode contains Mercedes (Amber Riley) singing “I Will Always Love You,” the Dolly Parton song Houston made famous in “The Bodyguard.” The producers have decided to dedicate the episode to Houston’s memory with a card in the end credits.
Amber Riley told E! Online:
It’s such a song that’s so close to my heart and it’s very challenging vocally. [But] I went for it and it’s very, I guess, befitting that we’re doing it this Tuesday. We were celebrating her in life when we recorded and now, we’re celebrating her legacy.
Will you be tuning in tonight?
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- 6 Tips For Bringing A Date To Thanksgiving
- Adele’s “Hello” In 25 Different Styles!
- Kylie Jenner Denies Tyga Breakup Rumors
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- SeaWorld’s “Blue Friday” Includes BOGO Annual Passes
- 2 Chainz Debuts Ugly Christmas Sweater Line & ‘BFF’ Music Video
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Swizz Beatz Reveals Secret Message from Barack Obama, Plays KRS One Snippet
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly