[VIDEO] ‘Glee’ Salutes Whitney Houston In ‘Heart’ Episode With ‘I Will Always Love You’
When the special Valentine’s Day episode of Glee (which airs tonight on FOX) was put together, there was no way of predicting the tragic end to the life of Whitney Houston which occurred Saturday. So it’s only by chance that Whitney’s classic I Will Always Love You appears in the episode as sung by Amber “Mercedes” Riley.
FOX released the following statement yesterday:
Purely coincidentally, the episode contains Mercedes (Amber Riley) singing “I Will Always Love You,” the Dolly Parton song Houston made famous in “The Bodyguard.” The producers have decided to dedicate the episode to Houston’s memory with a card in the end credits.
Amber Riley told E! Online:
It’s such a song that’s so close to my heart and it’s very challenging vocally. [But] I went for it and it’s very, I guess, befitting that we’re doing it this Tuesday. We were celebrating her in life when we recorded and now, we’re celebrating her legacy.
Will you be tuning in tonight?
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- Steele Probably Won’t Be Attempting This Again!
- Jason Derulo Says He’ll Definitely Write Songs About His Breakup with Jordin Sparks
- Watch Iggy Azalea ‘Do the Gopher’ for the University of Minnesota
- Fans Call for Beyoncé to Boycott Dress Designer After Supposed Racist Comment
- Huge Spider The Size Of A Puppy
- Hozier Soundtracks LeBron James’ Return to Akron: Watch
- Drake Probably Won’t Play Professional Basketball Anytime Soon: Watch
- Nicki Minaj Reveals ‘Anaconda’ Video is About Female Power
- FSU Marching Band Just Did A Routine To Beyonce’s “Single Ladies”
- Taylor Swift Announces New Song ‘Welcome to New York': Listen to a Preview