[VIDEO] ‘Glee’ Salutes Whitney Houston In ‘Heart’ Episode With ‘I Will Always Love You’
When the special Valentine’s Day episode of Glee (which airs tonight on FOX) was put together, there was no way of predicting the tragic end to the life of Whitney Houston which occurred Saturday. So it’s only by chance that Whitney’s classic I Will Always Love You appears in the episode as sung by Amber “Mercedes” Riley.
FOX released the following statement yesterday:
Purely coincidentally, the episode contains Mercedes (Amber Riley) singing “I Will Always Love You,” the Dolly Parton song Houston made famous in “The Bodyguard.” The producers have decided to dedicate the episode to Houston’s memory with a card in the end credits.
Amber Riley told E! Online:
It’s such a song that’s so close to my heart and it’s very challenging vocally. [But] I went for it and it’s very, I guess, befitting that we’re doing it this Tuesday. We were celebrating her in life when we recorded and now, we’re celebrating her legacy.
Will you be tuning in tonight?
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been
- This Taylor Swift/Beyoncé Mashup Will Change Your Life
- Taylor Swift on Why ‘1989’ Song ‘How You Get the Girl’ Could Result in a Restraining Order: Watch
- Girl Wakes Up From Surgery, Upset She’s Not Nicki Minaj! [Video]
- ‘Frozen,’ ‘Walking Dead,’ Dog Spider: Halloween Costume Guide 2014
- Eminem Reveals ‘ShadyXV’ Tracklist Featuring Big Sean, Danny Brown, Skylar Grey
- T-PAIN Sings Better Without Auto-Tune
- Taylor Swift Making Demon Cat Sounds with Her Mouth is Glorious: Watch
- Auto-Tune Expert T-Pain Says Kanye West Doesn’t Use It Correctly