When the special Valentine’s Day episode of Glee (which airs tonight on FOX) was put together, there was no way of predicting the tragic end to the life of Whitney Houston which occurred Saturday. So it’s only by chance that Whitney’s classic I Will Always Love You appears in the episode as sung by Amber “Mercedes” Riley.
FOX released the following statement yesterday:
Purely coincidentally, the episode contains Mercedes (Amber Riley) singing “I Will Always Love You,” the Dolly Parton song Houston made famous in “The Bodyguard.” The producers have decided to dedicate the episode to Houston’s memory with a card in the end credits.
Amber Riley told E! Online:
It’s such a song that’s so close to my heart and it’s very challenging vocally. [But] I went for it and it’s very, I guess, befitting that we’re doing it this Tuesday. We were celebrating her in life when we recorded and now, we’re celebrating her legacy.
Will you be tuning in tonight?
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- [PHOTOS] #ResetYourPreset At Circle K For Free Gas!
- Zayn Releases Seven ‘Like I Would’ Remixes
- Free Slurpees Memorial Day Weekend With Frozen BOGO
- The New Fifth Harmony Album ‘7/27’ has Arrived
- Calvin Harris Breaks Silence Following Serious Car Crash
- AMP Fringe Pick 5.27.16: Keith Brown: A Magic Show
- Nick Jonas Shares Documentary Trailer
- Justin Bieber Sued Over ‘Sorry’ Similarity
- Make Ed Sheeran Eat the Most Disgusting Food in Japan
- Beyoncé Buys $3,500 Worth of Sandwiches