When the special Valentine’s Day episode of Glee (which airs tonight on FOX) was put together, there was no way of predicting the tragic end to the life of Whitney Houston which occurred Saturday. So it’s only by chance that Whitney’s classic I Will Always Love You appears in the episode as sung by Amber “Mercedes” Riley.
FOX released the following statement yesterday:
Purely coincidentally, the episode contains Mercedes (Amber Riley) singing “I Will Always Love You,” the Dolly Parton song Houston made famous in “The Bodyguard.” The producers have decided to dedicate the episode to Houston’s memory with a card in the end credits.
Amber Riley told E! Online:
It’s such a song that’s so close to my heart and it’s very challenging vocally. [But] I went for it and it’s very, I guess, befitting that we’re doing it this Tuesday. We were celebrating her in life when we recorded and now, we’re celebrating her legacy.
Will you be tuning in tonight?
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- Gwen Stefani to Perform Live Music Video During GRAMMYs
- Protesters to Clash Over Beyoncé at NFL Headquarters
- Watch Mark Ronson’s Double Video for ‘Daffodils’ and ‘Summer Breaking’
- Drake ‘Views from the 6′ Billboards Popping Up in Toronto
- A Few Kanye West Tweets You May Have Missed
- Ed Sheeran Gives Us His Best Eminem
- New Rihanna Mashup Puts Zayn Malik’s ‘Pillowtalk’ to ‘Work’
- Gwen Stefani Teases Album Title and Track List
- Governors Ball Announces by Day Lineup
- Watch Lana Del Rey’s New Video for ‘Freak’