It was a powerful comeback performance on the GRAMMYs Sunday night as Adele made her first public performance after months of silence due to vocal issues. But now, it appears that Adele has told VOGUE magazine in a recent interview that she just may be taking 5 YEARS OFF!
The break is apparently to focus on her relationship with new boyfriend Simon Konecki.
“I am f—ing off for four or five years,” Adele told the magazine. “If I am constantly working, my relationships fail. So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy.”
This seems to be a big change in the mood of Adele’s first two records. ’19 & ’21’, which both landed the Brit GRAMMYs, were both spurred on by recent break-ups.
So in 5 years what will Adele do?
“I don’t know what I’ll do,” she added. “Get married. Have some kids. Plant a nice vegetable patch.”
Apparently we’ll just have to hold on to past hits like ‘Someone Like You’ and ‘Chasing Pavements’ until this hiatus is over.
More from JAMZ:
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Jacket up for Auction
- Drake: “I Don’t Really Talk to Nicki”
- Iggy Azalea’s Advice on Social Media Trolls: ‘Don’t Take the Bait’
- Donald Trump Rap Parody Uses Real Trump Quotes
- Calvin Harris: Prince Influenced Every One of My Records
- Calvin Harris Drops New Single ‘This Is What You Came For’ Featuring Rihanna
- Daily Dish For 4.29.16
- Lawnmower Runs Over Donald Trump [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Songs on Drake’s ‘Views’
- Drake’s ‘VIEWS’ Arrives