It was a powerful comeback performance on the GRAMMYs Sunday night as Adele made her first public performance after months of silence due to vocal issues. But now, it appears that Adele has told VOGUE magazine in a recent interview that she just may be taking 5 YEARS OFF!
The break is apparently to focus on her relationship with new boyfriend Simon Konecki.
“I am f—ing off for four or five years,” Adele told the magazine. “If I am constantly working, my relationships fail. So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy.”
This seems to be a big change in the mood of Adele’s first two records. ’19 & ’21’, which both landed the Brit GRAMMYs, were both spurred on by recent break-ups.
So in 5 years what will Adele do?
“I don’t know what I’ll do,” she added. “Get married. Have some kids. Plant a nice vegetable patch.”
Apparently we’ll just have to hold on to past hits like ‘Someone Like You’ and ‘Chasing Pavements’ until this hiatus is over.
More from JAMZ:
- Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, More Announced as GRAMMY Presenters
- Listen to Gwen Stefani’s New Single ‘Make Me Like You’
- Listen For Back-To-Back Beyoncé To Win Tickets To The Formation World Tour
- Kanye West’s MSG Event Redefines Record Release Shows and Fashion Shows
- Jason Derulo Gets ‘Naked’ in New Video with K. Michelle
- Puppy Monkey Baby Gets a Remix
- Hailey Baldwin Clarifies Relationship with Justin Bieber
- Meghan Trainor Debuts New Hair Color
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex’s ‘Where Are U Now?” – Behind the Song
- Kanye West Reveals ‘The Life of Pablo’ Album Cover