It was a powerful comeback performance on the GRAMMYs Sunday night as Adele made her first public performance after months of silence due to vocal issues. But now, it appears that Adele has told VOGUE magazine in a recent interview that she just may be taking 5 YEARS OFF!
The break is apparently to focus on her relationship with new boyfriend Simon Konecki.
“I am f—ing off for four or five years,” Adele told the magazine. “If I am constantly working, my relationships fail. So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy.”
This seems to be a big change in the mood of Adele’s first two records. ’19 & ’21’, which both landed the Brit GRAMMYs, were both spurred on by recent break-ups.
So in 5 years what will Adele do?
“I don’t know what I’ll do,” she added. “Get married. Have some kids. Plant a nice vegetable patch.”
Apparently we’ll just have to hold on to past hits like ‘Someone Like You’ and ‘Chasing Pavements’ until this hiatus is over.
More from JAMZ:
- J. Cole Announces 2017 Tour Dates
- Miguel & DJ Premier Drop ‘2 LOVIN U’
- Watch Alex Trebek Rap on ‘Jeopardy!’
- The Chainsmokers Hired a Drummer for Arena Tour
- Big Sean Confirms Deranged Fan Took a Swing at Him
- Drake on Kanye’s Disses: ‘I Don’t Respect It At All’
- Tomorrow Is National Margarita Day!
- Daily Dish For 2.21.17
- The Roots Picnic to Feature Pharrell, Lil Wayne, Solange, More
- Blake Shelton Takes Gwen Stefani & Kids on Helicopter Ride