Shortly before Lil Wayne‘s GRAMMY appearance last night stories began to swirl around the internet that Weezy had been arrested backstage on gun charges and would be carted off to jail as soon as the awards show completed. But according to Bryan ‘Birdman’ Williams, Cash Money Records chief, it was NOT true.
Forbes received an electronic message from Birdman stating:
[It’s] not true, he’s good. I never heard about that. He was good all day.
Supposedly, the rumor came from an alleged tweet by typically reliable TMZ, although no such tweet can currently be found and TMZ’s only response to the issue came from a retweet they posted:
Apparently, some people just can’t wait to see Wayne land himself in trouble again.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- The Trailer For Justin Timberlake’s Netflix Concert Special Is Here
- Mary J. Blige Challenges Hillary Clinton with Bruce Springsteen Cover
- Skrillex, Tyga & Kylie Jenner Throw a Wild Party
- Rob Kardashian Bashes Sisters On Twitter
- Mary J. Blige Sings To Hilary Clinton In Upcoming Apple Music Interview
- Is Ariana Grande Considering a Move to Country Music?
- SeaWorld Orlando To Add Virtual Reality Element To “Kraken” Roller Coaster
- Katy Perry Gets Naked to Get Out the Vote
- Selena Gomez Becomes First with 100 Million Instagram Followers
- Alicia Keys’ Black Ball Benefit to Feature Chance the Rapper, Salt-n-Pepa, More