Shortly before Lil Wayne‘s GRAMMY appearance last night stories began to swirl around the internet that Weezy had been arrested backstage on gun charges and would be carted off to jail as soon as the awards show completed. But according to Bryan ‘Birdman’ Williams, Cash Money Records chief, it was NOT true.
Forbes received an electronic message from Birdman stating:
[It’s] not true, he’s good. I never heard about that. He was good all day.
Supposedly, the rumor came from an alleged tweet by typically reliable TMZ, although no such tweet can currently be found and TMZ’s only response to the issue came from a retweet they posted:
Apparently, some people just can’t wait to see Wayne land himself in trouble again.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- John Mayer Defends Justin Bieber After Canceled Tour Dates
- Katy Perry Hit in the Face with Basketball
- 5 Tips For Moving
- Justin Bieber Cancels Final Leg of World Tour
- Remembering Amy Winehouse
- The ‘Stranger Things’ Season 2 Trailer Is Officially Here
- Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda Shares Early Chester Bennington Memory
- Zedd is Excited for Kesha’s Return: ‘I Think the World has Been Waiting’
- P!nk Teases New Single ‘What About Us’
- How To Make A Skinny Margarita On ‘National Tequila Day’