Shortly before Lil Wayne‘s GRAMMY appearance last night stories began to swirl around the internet that Weezy had been arrested backstage on gun charges and would be carted off to jail as soon as the awards show completed. But according to Bryan ‘Birdman’ Williams, Cash Money Records chief, it was NOT true.
Forbes received an electronic message from Birdman stating:
[It’s] not true, he’s good. I never heard about that. He was good all day.
Supposedly, the rumor came from an alleged tweet by typically reliable TMZ, although no such tweet can currently be found and TMZ’s only response to the issue came from a retweet they posted:
Apparently, some people just can’t wait to see Wayne land himself in trouble again.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Questlove Blasts Bill O’Reilly for ‘Revisionist’ Slavery Comment
- Snookie Raps In Her First Music Video As “Yung Mommy”
- Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato Reunite to Perform ‘This Is Me’
- Are Kanye West and Calvin Harris Collaborating?
- Did Ed Sheeran Get Married?
- Lady Gaga Not Guilty of Plagiarizing French Sculptor
- Brad Paisley Joins Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas at Washington, DC Show
- Sia Contributes to ‘Fight Song’ Video for DNC
- Daily Dish For 7.27.16
- Moby Releases Updated Jason Bourne Theme Song, ‘Extreme Ways’