Shortly before Lil Wayne‘s GRAMMY appearance last night stories began to swirl around the internet that Weezy had been arrested backstage on gun charges and would be carted off to jail as soon as the awards show completed. But according to Bryan ‘Birdman’ Williams, Cash Money Records chief, it was NOT true.
Forbes received an electronic message from Birdman stating:
[It’s] not true, he’s good. I never heard about that. He was good all day.
Supposedly, the rumor came from an alleged tweet by typically reliable TMZ, although no such tweet can currently be found and TMZ’s only response to the issue came from a retweet they posted:
Apparently, some people just can’t wait to see Wayne land himself in trouble again.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Where To See Fireworks For July 4!
- Daily Dish For 6.29.16
- G-Eazy Drops Two New Tracks Featuring DJ Mustard & Migos
- Will Apple Block Filming at Concerts?
- Lil Wayne Shades Birdman’s ESPN Appearance
- Thomas Rhett, True Belieber?
- Piers Morgan Slams Kanye West’s ‘Famous’
- Who Parodied Kanye West’s ‘Famous’ Video Better Colbert or Kimmel?
- Radiohead Guitarist ‘Blew’ Kanye West’s ‘Mind’ in Talk about God
- Watch Akon Share Some Questionable Views about Women