Shortly before Lil Wayne‘s GRAMMY appearance last night stories began to swirl around the internet that Weezy had been arrested backstage on gun charges and would be carted off to jail as soon as the awards show completed. But according to Bryan ‘Birdman’ Williams, Cash Money Records chief, it was NOT true.
Forbes received an electronic message from Birdman stating:
[It’s] not true, he’s good. I never heard about that. He was good all day.
Supposedly, the rumor came from an alleged tweet by typically reliable TMZ, although no such tweet can currently be found and TMZ’s only response to the issue came from a retweet they posted:
Apparently, some people just can’t wait to see Wayne land himself in trouble again.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa Sued after Railing Collapse at New Jersey Concert
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell Williams, T.I. Appeal Copyright Infringement Verdict
- Nathan Sykes on How to Duet with an Ex
- Soon You Can Tour Prince’s Paisley Park Estate
- Britney Spears Added as Apple Music Fest Headliner
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform ‘Side to Side’ at VMAs
- Madonna Makes Surprise Appearance at ‘Truth or Dare’ Screening
- Britney Gets Her Own Lifetime Movie About Her Life
- Daily Dish For 8.25.16
- Register To Win Tickets To Meet ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Keegan Allen At The Southern Women’s Show