Shortly before Lil Wayne‘s GRAMMY appearance last night stories began to swirl around the internet that Weezy had been arrested backstage on gun charges and would be carted off to jail as soon as the awards show completed. But according to Bryan ‘Birdman’ Williams, Cash Money Records chief, it was NOT true.
Forbes received an electronic message from Birdman stating:
[It’s] not true, he’s good. I never heard about that. He was good all day.
Supposedly, the rumor came from an alleged tweet by typically reliable TMZ, although no such tweet can currently be found and TMZ’s only response to the issue came from a retweet they posted:
Apparently, some people just can’t wait to see Wayne land himself in trouble again.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Hangover Cure May Hit A Store Near You
- Facebook Adds New Story Feature And Basically Becomes Snapchat
- 70’s Disco T-Dance Benefiting Two Spirit [AUDIO]
- Prince’s ‘Sign O The Times’ 30 Years Later: A Look Back at His Magnum Opus
- WrestleMania Events In Orlando
- Must See:Smiling Dog Pic Goes Viral
- 50 Cent and 2 Chainz Tease New Collaboration
- Things That Make You Seem Rude
- Lana Del Rey Teases Collaboration with the Weeknd?
- Watch Lorde as a Hard-Rocking 12-Year-Old