Shortly before Lil Wayne‘s GRAMMY appearance last night stories began to swirl around the internet that Weezy had been arrested backstage on gun charges and would be carted off to jail as soon as the awards show completed. But according to Bryan ‘Birdman’ Williams, Cash Money Records chief, it was NOT true.
Forbes received an electronic message from Birdman stating:
[It’s] not true, he’s good. I never heard about that. He was good all day.
Supposedly, the rumor came from an alleged tweet by typically reliable TMZ, although no such tweet can currently be found and TMZ’s only response to the issue came from a retweet they posted:
Apparently, some people just can’t wait to see Wayne land himself in trouble again.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Kanye West Responds to Alleged Taylor Swift Diss
- Taylor Swift’s Brother Throws Kanye Sneakers in the Trash
- Did Kanye West Make Taylor Swift ‘Famous’?
- Martin Shkreli Offers Kanye West $10 Million for ‘The Life of Pablo’
- Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, More Announced as GRAMMY Presenters
- Listen to Gwen Stefani’s New Single ‘Make Me Like You’
- Listen For Back-To-Back Beyoncé To Win Tickets To The Formation World Tour
- Kanye West’s MSG Event Redefines Record Release Shows and Fashion Shows
- Jason Derulo Gets ‘Naked’ in New Video with K. Michelle
- Puppy Monkey Baby Gets a Remix