[photogallerylink id=76748 align=left]News outlets, including TMZ, are reporting that Whitney Houston passed away this afternoon at the age of 48. The news has been confirmed by Ms. Houston’s publicist.
Details on the death of the singer, whose career was sidelined with drug abuse and her marriage to Bobby Brown, are slowly coming in, but the cause of death has yet to be established. According to Mark Rosen of the Beverly Hills Police Department, she was found in her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel not breathing this afternoon. She was then officially pronounced dead at 3:55 PM, PT.
Rosen said that there appeared to be no criminal intent.
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See Jack & Jack With Daya
- Win Tickets To Opening Weekend Of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win Tickets To Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Legends
- Register To Win Tickets To See Mac Miller
- 6 Tips For Bringing A Date To Thanksgiving
- Adele’s “Hello” In 25 Different Styles!
- Kylie Jenner Denies Tyga Breakup Rumors
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- SeaWorld’s “Blue Friday” Includes BOGO Annual Passes
- 2 Chainz Debuts Ugly Christmas Sweater Line & ‘BFF’ Music Video