[photogallerylink id=76748 align=left]News outlets, including TMZ, are reporting that Whitney Houston passed away this afternoon at the age of 48. The news has been confirmed by Ms. Houston’s publicist.
Details on the death of the singer, whose career was sidelined with drug abuse and her marriage to Bobby Brown, are slowly coming in, but the cause of death has yet to be established. According to Mark Rosen of the Beverly Hills Police Department, she was found in her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel not breathing this afternoon. She was then officially pronounced dead at 3:55 PM, PT.
Rosen said that there appeared to be no criminal intent.
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- Swizz Beatz Reports on DMX: ‘He’s Good and in Great Spirits’
- Why Meghan Trainor Should Win the Best New Artist GRAMMY
- What’s the Best Justin Bieber Song for Getting Down? Ask Hailey Baldwin
- Watch Little Mix’s New Video for ‘Secret Love Song’ Featuring Jason Derulo
- Carly Rae Jepsen Covers ‘Full House’ Theme in New Trailer
- Watch Wu-Tang’s Ghostface Killah Fire Back at Martin Shkreli
- Go Behind The Scenes of Taylor Swift’s ‘Out Of The Woods’ Music Video
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Shares Kiss With Harvard Student
- The Best Valentine Dates According To Your Sign
- Win Tickets For You & 10 Girlfriends To See ‘How To Be Single’ And A $100 Visa Gift Card