[photogallerylink id=76748 align=left]News outlets, including TMZ, are reporting that Whitney Houston passed away this afternoon at the age of 48. The news has been confirmed by Ms. Houston’s publicist.
Details on the death of the singer, whose career was sidelined with drug abuse and her marriage to Bobby Brown, are slowly coming in, but the cause of death has yet to be established. According to Mark Rosen of the Beverly Hills Police Department, she was found in her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel not breathing this afternoon. She was then officially pronounced dead at 3:55 PM, PT.
Rosen said that there appeared to be no criminal intent.
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- GRAMMY Nominations: 7 Bizarre Matchups
- Camila Cabello and Machine Gun Kelly Talk ‘Bad Things’
- Rihanna Stoked by Multiple GRAMMY Nominations
- Drake’s NYC OVO Flagship Store Opens This Weekend
- Man Boxes With Kangaroo To Save Dog
- Donald Trump Named Time’s Person Of The Year
- Rae Sremmurd May Be Collaborating With Drake
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ ‘Thrift Shop’ Tops 1 Billion YouTube Views
- Chance the Rapper Hosts GRAMMY Nomination Party
- Rihanna Clarifies Apparent Beyoncé Diss