What a creative name the very creative Beyonce and Jay-Z gave their newborn daughter. They think Blue Ivy’s name is so creative they’ve applied for a trademark on it.
According to the Washington Post the couple filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on January 26th for protection of their baby’s name from being used by others hoping to capitalize on “Blue Ivy” mania.
The power coupler weren’t the only ones who thought the name was very marketable. Fashion designer Joseph Mbeh submitted the same application to trademark “Blue Ivy Carter NYC” on Jan 11th, only four days after baby Blue was born. The application was denied.
Beyonce and Jay-Z’s application is still pending but should go through with no issue since parents are “legally authorized to trademark the name of their minor children.”
There was one other application for the name “Blue Ivy”. It was placed on Jan 19th, 2011 by a clothing store named the same in Wisconsin. They were approved in August, before we even knew Beyonce was pregnant. The clothing store can hang onto their trademark, or if the Carter’s want to make them an offer, the store can sell it.
Thanks to The New 103.7 Lite FM for the post.
More News From JAMZ:
- It’s A Weekend Of Winning For Tickets To Howl-O-Scream®!
- Play ‘What’s In Jill’s Purse?’ To Win Tickets To Howl-O-Scream®!
- Listen This Week For Seaworld Spooktacular Tickets!
- Listen To Win Adam Devine Tickets At The CFE Arena!
- Win CityWalk Party Passes For AMPlified Saturdays At The Groove!
- Listen This Weekend For Your Chance To Win Seaworld Spooktacular Tickets!
- Listen This Week For Halsey Tickets!
- ‘Beat My Tweet’ To Win RARE Orlando Tickets
- Listen All Week To Win Martin Garrix Tickets!
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win Fandango Tickets To See Kingsman: The Golden Circle!