Last week’s death of Soul Train impresario Don Cornelius came as quite a shock to those in the entertainment industry and those who had become acquainted with Cornelius during his tenure as Soul Train host. Equally shocking was the unofficial report that his death came at his own hands. Rolling Stone is now reporting that coroners have officially ruled the cause of his death as a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
A post mortem was performed on Friday which led to the determination that he had shot himself in the head. Toxicology test results have yet to be determined.
There has still been no explanation as to what may have caused Cornelius to take his own life.
More From JAMZ:
- Fall Out Boy’s Patrick Stump to Sing National Anthem for World Series Game 3
- Chance The Rapper Appreciates Dwyane Wade’s Apology
- Britney Spears Kid’s Have Final Say on Instagram Pics
- Lady Gaga Drops the ‘Illusion’ on ‘Joanne’
- Danie B Tackles Halloween Horror Nights For The Third Time
- Calvin Harris Drops “My Way” Video
- 5 Best Songs on Meek Mill’s ‘Dreamchasers 4’
- Little Mix Want Real Men in ‘You Gotta Not’: Listen
- Charli XCX Keeps It Going with ‘After the Afterparty’
- Amy Schumer Says Her ‘My Formation’ Video was Never a Parody