Last week’s death of Soul Train impresario Don Cornelius came as quite a shock to those in the entertainment industry and those who had become acquainted with Cornelius during his tenure as Soul Train host. Equally shocking was the unofficial report that his death came at his own hands. Rolling Stone is now reporting that coroners have officially ruled the cause of his death as a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
A post mortem was performed on Friday which led to the determination that he had shot himself in the head. Toxicology test results have yet to be determined.
There has still been no explanation as to what may have caused Cornelius to take his own life.
More From JAMZ:
- Hayden Panettiere and Christina Aguilera Join Forces for ‘Lady Marmalade’
- Kanye West Teases Sneak Peek of ‘Yeezy Season 3’
- Von Miller Rap with Lil Wayne at Super Bowl After Party
- Why Ed Sheeran’s ‘Thinking Out Loud’ Should Win the GRAMMY for Song of the Year
- Bey and Jay Still Crazy in Love?
- Jeremih Announces Title for Next Album, ‘Later That Night’
- Beyoncé Formation Merchandise to Aid Flint, MI
- 10 Things You Can Buy For The Same Price As A Super Bowl Ticket
- Missy Elliot Debuts New Song ‘Pep Rally’ in Super Bowl Ad
- Kanye West Knows What He’s Going to Call His New Album, Maybe