Drake’s Ex-Girlfriend Sues Him For ‘Marvin’s Room’
Remember the girl on the other end of the phone in Drake‘s song Marvin’s Room? Well, a woman who claims to be Drake‘s ex-girlfriend, Ericka Lee, is saying that the voice belongs to her. Not only that…she is now suing Drake for damages and for co-writing credit.
According to Rolling Stone, Lee filed papers in Los Angeles where she claimed that she and Drake had both a romantic AND business relationship from early 2010 to the middle of 2011. She claims that during that time they both traded poems and lyrics with each other as well as discussing projects for collaboration.
She also says that she was supposed to have a hook on the track and perform a monologue that would also be included in the song. There were also supposedly texts sent by Drake that acknowledged her participation, one of which supposedly said “U basically made that song.”
She was originally intended to record a hook for the track and perform a monologue that would frame the lyrics. The rapper supposedly acknowledged her contributions to the piece in several texts, including one that apparently reads “U basically made that song.”
According to her, Drake had initially agreed to give her 2 percent of the publishing royalties for the song, and later raised the offer to 4-5 percent along with a $50,000 settlement.
We’ll just have to wait and see how this whole thing unfolds!
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Lupita Nyong’o Named People Magazines “Most Beautiful”
- Why Was Justin Bieber Honoring Japanese Murderers?
- Cra Cra Story Of The Day: Woman Sues After Husband Killed By Swan!
- Play It Or Don’t Play It: R5 “(I Can’t) Forget About You”
- Contestant On The Bachelorette Dies In Accident
- The Funniest Thing You Will See Today
- Ryan Lewis, Mother Talk Her Battle with HIV, New 30/30 Project
- Watch Coldplay Debut New Song ‘Oceans’
- Watch Pharrell’s Fantasy Video for ‘Marilyn Monroe’
- New York’s Electric Zoo to Return with Stricter Safety Measures