Remember the girl on the other end of the phone in Drake‘s song Marvin’s Room? Well, a woman who claims to be Drake‘s ex-girlfriend, Ericka Lee, is saying that the voice belongs to her. Not only that…she is now suing Drake for damages and for co-writing credit.
According to Rolling Stone, Lee filed papers in Los Angeles where she claimed that she and Drake had both a romantic AND business relationship from early 2010 to the middle of 2011. She claims that during that time they both traded poems and lyrics with each other as well as discussing projects for collaboration.
She also says that she was supposed to have a hook on the track and perform a monologue that would also be included in the song. There were also supposedly texts sent by Drake that acknowledged her participation, one of which supposedly said “U basically made that song.”
She was originally intended to record a hook for the track and perform a monologue that would frame the lyrics. The rapper supposedly acknowledged her contributions to the piece in several texts, including one that apparently reads “U basically made that song.”
According to her, Drake had initially agreed to give her 2 percent of the publishing royalties for the song, and later raised the offer to 4-5 percent along with a $50,000 settlement.
We’ll just have to wait and see how this whole thing unfolds!
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Enter To Win Tickets To The Central Florida Fair
- [PHOTOS] Grandtheft In The STK Lounge
- [PHOTOS] Live From The STK Lounge At DFWF 2017
- [PHOTOS] DFWF 2017: What Are They Eating And Drinking?
- [PHOTOS] Live From Downtown Food & Wine Fest: Day 1
- Win “Get Out” Movie Passes With Kevin Kon
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To The Central Florida Fair
- Play “Show Tune Tuesdays” To Win “Get Out” Movie Passes
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Orlando Magic Tickets
- Sail Into The Seven Seas Festival At SeaWorld