There was a massive house cleaning at the X Factor last night, with announcements that host Steve Jones, and judges [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Paula Abdul[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Nicole Scherzinger[/lastfm] were all ousted. The announcements all came within hours of each other.
Billboard is reporting that the decisions were made during meetings in the UK by show creator Simon Cowell and his creative team who have assembled to determine what went right, and more importantly what went wrong, with the first season of the American edition of the singing competition on FOX.
It appears that LA Reid, the fourth judge on the panel, has not received any notice as to his position, so for the time being, his role on the show is apparently safe.
Are you an X Factor fan, and if so, do you think that these are needed changes for the show? Let us know in the comments below!
What’s new on JAMZ?
- 2016 Marks The Return Of Soul Music
- Review: “Hairspray Live!” Serves Up Greatness
- Kanye West is Recording New Music, Hints Pete Rock
- Russell Crowe won’t Face Charges over Azealia Banks Scuffle
- Beyoncé’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Rejected for Country GRAMMY: Report
- Meghan Trainor Cancels Concerts Through End of 2016
- Sia Separates from Husband of Two Years
- The Most Downloaded Apps of the Year
- Watch Tegan and Sara’s ‘Miami Vice’-Inspired Video ‘Dying to Know’
- Daily Dish for 12.8.16