NFL star Ray Lewis is asking the courts to appoint someone over his son’s money to insure his baby momma don’t misuse the funds for other things like…Her other kids!
According to TMZ.com:
NFL superstar Ray Lewis admits he fathered an 11-year-old boy in Florida … and he’s totally willing to provide support — with one caveat … he doesn’t want the baby mama to get her hands on the money.
According to court documents filed in Florida, Lewis has an ongoing paternity case over his son with a woman named Sharnika Kelly. In court papers, Lewis acknowledges being the father, but the issue of support is slightly more contentious …
According to the docs, Lewis is hesitant to fork over money to Kelly because he says she has an outstanding judgment against her in a civil case … totaling over $1,000,000.
In the docs, Lewis says he has “grave concerns about the Mother’s character” and feels she’ll siphon off money meant for his son … either to pay off her debt or support her other child … not Ray’s.
Lewis is asking the court to establish a guardianship for his son to manage any support Lewis eventually pays.
The couple had a hearing scheduled for last month, but Lewis had to reschedule because he had a game in San Diego. The judge has yet to rule on his request.
Most people if not everyone had no idea Ray had a child out side of his marriage. But never the less, He has stepped up and is doing what he needs to do and making sure his son will be properly taken care of. Good luck Ray!
More stories on JAMZ:
- [PHOTOS] 101.9 Amplified Lounge Starring Sofia Carson
- US Attorney’s Office and DEA Join Prince investigation
- Drake to Host & Perform on ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Dicky De Mayo Starring Lil Dicky Is Sold Out And We Have Your Last Chance At Winning Tickets!
- EPIC Britney Spears 2016 Megamix [VIDEO]
- Beyoncé Shares Statement about North Carolina’s Anti-LGBT Law
- Kehlani Tackles Depression on New Song ’24/7′
- Chad’s “Hate Email” From A Listener
- [WATCH] Getting Coffee With Chad And Jill
- Prince was Set to Meet with an Addiction Specialist the Day He Died