NFL star Ray Lewis is asking the courts to appoint someone over his son’s money to insure his baby momma don’t misuse the funds for other things like…Her other kids!
According to TMZ.com:
NFL superstar Ray Lewis admits he fathered an 11-year-old boy in Florida … and he’s totally willing to provide support — with one caveat … he doesn’t want the baby mama to get her hands on the money.
According to court documents filed in Florida, Lewis has an ongoing paternity case over his son with a woman named Sharnika Kelly. In court papers, Lewis acknowledges being the father, but the issue of support is slightly more contentious …
According to the docs, Lewis is hesitant to fork over money to Kelly because he says she has an outstanding judgment against her in a civil case … totaling over $1,000,000.
In the docs, Lewis says he has “grave concerns about the Mother’s character” and feels she’ll siphon off money meant for his son … either to pay off her debt or support her other child … not Ray’s.
Lewis is asking the court to establish a guardianship for his son to manage any support Lewis eventually pays.
The couple had a hearing scheduled for last month, but Lewis had to reschedule because he had a game in San Diego. The judge has yet to rule on his request.
Most people if not everyone had no idea Ray had a child out side of his marriage. But never the less, He has stepped up and is doing what he needs to do and making sure his son will be properly taken care of. Good luck Ray!
More stories on JAMZ:
- Full Cast Of The New Season Of Dancing With The Stars
- Sporty Spice Explains Why She Skipped the Spice Girls ‘Reunion’
- What Jill Does While Awaiting The Announcement For The New Cast Of Dancing With The Stars
- Justin Bieber Has Just Been Credited with Eight Guinness World Records
- James Corden Spoofs Kanye West’s ‘Fade’ Video
- Daily Dish For 8.30.16
- Register To Win Disney’s ‘THE JUNGLE BOOK’ On Digital HD
- Teyana Taylor’s Cat Face Explained
- This Video Will Make You Stop Texting And Driving Forever
- Jury Duty Causes Taylor Swift to Skip Out On VMAs