NFL star Ray Lewis is asking the courts to appoint someone over his son’s money to insure his baby momma don’t misuse the funds for other things like…Her other kids!
According to TMZ.com:
NFL superstar Ray Lewis admits he fathered an 11-year-old boy in Florida … and he’s totally willing to provide support — with one caveat … he doesn’t want the baby mama to get her hands on the money.
According to court documents filed in Florida, Lewis has an ongoing paternity case over his son with a woman named Sharnika Kelly. In court papers, Lewis acknowledges being the father, but the issue of support is slightly more contentious …
According to the docs, Lewis is hesitant to fork over money to Kelly because he says she has an outstanding judgment against her in a civil case … totaling over $1,000,000.
In the docs, Lewis says he has “grave concerns about the Mother’s character” and feels she’ll siphon off money meant for his son … either to pay off her debt or support her other child … not Ray’s.
Lewis is asking the court to establish a guardianship for his son to manage any support Lewis eventually pays.
The couple had a hearing scheduled for last month, but Lewis had to reschedule because he had a game in San Diego. The judge has yet to rule on his request.
Most people if not everyone had no idea Ray had a child out side of his marriage. But never the less, He has stepped up and is doing what he needs to do and making sure his son will be properly taken care of. Good luck Ray!
More stories on JAMZ:
- DIY 4th Of July Treats For The The Perfect Party
- Paris Jackson’s Newest Tattoo Pays Tribute to Michael
- Ansel Elgort Sings ‘Despacito’
- Toilet Seat Covers Are The New Beauty Trend
- Nas and Travis Scott Join DJ Khaled for ‘It’s Secured’ Video
- Ed Sheeran Used Loop Pedal, Not Backing Track at Glastonbury 2017
- Watch Migos’ Pre-Show Altercation with Joe Budden at BET Awards
- “All The Feels” For 6.26.17
- Daily Dish For 6.26.17
- DJ Khaled Storms 2017 BET Awards with Quavo, Lil Wayne, Chance the Rapper