After seven years of marriage, Heidi Klum and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Seal[/lastfm] file for divorce. They have been raising 4 children together and plan to have a civil break up.
According to Wonderwall.MSN.com:
Heidi Klum and Seal have officially broken our hearts. On Sunday night, the couple confirmed that they are indeed calling it quits after nearly seven years of affection-filled marriage.
“While we have enjoyed seven very loving, loyal and
happy years of marriage, after much soul-searching, we have decided to separate,” they said in a joint statement. “We have had the deepest respect for one another throughout our relationship and continue to love each other very much, but we have grown apart.”
Insiders say the supermodel-turned-“Project Runway” mogul, 38, and the British crooner, 48, had recently hit a rough patch.
“They’re either madly in love or having crazy fights,” a spy tattled to Us Weekly.
Those supposed squabbles marred their holiday trip to Aspen, during which Heidi tweeted the lovey-dovey photo at left.
“They fought a lot,” sighs the snitch. “It was a very hard trip.”
Two days ago, Seal tweeted a cryptic photo with the message, “The End.”
In their announcement, Klum and Seal called the breakup “amicable.”
“Protecting the well-being of our children remains our top priority, especially during this time of transition,” they added. “We thank our family, friends, and fans for their kind words of support. And for our children’s sake, we appreciate you respecting our privacy.”
The pair, who tied the knot on a Mexican beach in May 2005, are parents to Leni, 7, Henry, 6, Johan, 5, and Lou, 2.
During the course of their romance, they seemed like a perfect match, from their mutual glee over Halloween to their annual vow renewal.
And before we kick ourselves for believing in true celebrity love, let’s remember Heidi and Seal in happier, more PDA-packed times.
I know the media will report all the happenings and any negative issues that may arise during this divorce. We shall see what happens.
More on JAMZ:
- Win Tickets To See Fifth Harmony This Weekend Of Winning
- P!nk Turns Pink During Johnny Depp Surprise
- Chewbacca Mom Gets a Lesson from J.J. Abrams: Watch
- Paul McCartney Calls Kanye West a Monster
- Kanye and Kim Celebrate Their 2nd Wedding Anniversary
- Exclusive Fifth Harmony Presale For AMP Listeners
- Drake’s ‘Views’ Obliterates Streaming Records
- Beyoncé Weathers Lightning Storm, Pays Tribute to Prince in Minneapolis
- Kanye West Accused of Plagiarism to Tune of $2.5 Million
- Kesha Performs ‘I Shall Be Released’ in Another Bob Dylan Tribute