Dwight Howard Named NBA Eastern Conference Player Of The Week
[photogallerylink id=72134 align=left]Congrats to our friend Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic! Dwight has been named this week’s Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played between Monday, Jan. 16, through Sunday, Jan. 22. It’s his first time getting the honor so far this year and the 18th time in his career.
So what got him the honor? During the past week he averaged 19.5 points, 18.8 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.8 blocks as the Magic went 3-1. He also posted three point-rebound double-doubles, including back-to-back 20-point, 20-rebound games to close the week vs. the San Antonio Spurs and Los Angeles Lakers. For the season, Dwight ranks first in the NBA in rebounding (16.1 rpg.), third in field goal percentage (.575) and fifth in blocks (2.33 bpg.).
Marc Gasol of the Memphis Grizzlies was named the Player of the Week for the Western Conference.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- HBO Reveals Trailer, Release Date for Beyoncé & Jay Z ‘On the Run’ Concert Special
- Listen to Steve Angello’s New Song ‘Wasted Love,’ Featuring The Temper Trap’s Dougy Mandagi
- Michelle Phan and Kaskade Fire Back at Ultra Records’ Lawsuit, Bond Over Twitter
- Grandpa Throws Down Cane To Bust A Move
- Listen to OneRepublic’s Song for ‘The Giver’ Soundtrack, ‘Ordinary Human’
[photogallerylink id=68903 align=left]
[photogallerylink id=66037 align=left]