Dwight Howard Named NBA Eastern Conference Player Of The Week
[photogallerylink id=72134 align=left]Congrats to our friend Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic! Dwight has been named this week’s Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played between Monday, Jan. 16, through Sunday, Jan. 22. It’s his first time getting the honor so far this year and the 18th time in his career.
So what got him the honor? During the past week he averaged 19.5 points, 18.8 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.8 blocks as the Magic went 3-1. He also posted three point-rebound double-doubles, including back-to-back 20-point, 20-rebound games to close the week vs. the San Antonio Spurs and Los Angeles Lakers. For the season, Dwight ranks first in the NBA in rebounding (16.1 rpg.), third in field goal percentage (.575) and fifth in blocks (2.33 bpg.).
Marc Gasol of the Memphis Grizzlies was named the Player of the Week for the Western Conference.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Detroit Electronic Music Festival’s Return Postponed Until 2015
- Raves Are for Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set
- Take Classes At Hogwarts For Free……NO REALLY!
- Nate Ruess Talks fun.’s New Album: ‘It’s Moving’
- Drake Sued for ‘Nothing Was the Same’ Sample
[photogallerylink id=68903 align=left]
[photogallerylink id=66037 align=left]