X-Factor judge L.A. Reid took advantage of the new found celebrity his boy group gained as finalists toward the end of the contest. And he signed 3 of them to his label Epic Records!
According to LATimes.com:
“The X Factor” semi-finalists Chris Rene, Brian “Astro” Bradley and Marcus Canty have all inked deals with Epic Records, the label announced Wednesday.
Their signings shouldn’t come as a surprise, considering they were handpicked and mentored on the reality competition by label head Antonio “L.A.” Reid.
Reid will oversee the debuts of Rene, who became a fan favorite thanks to his endearing audition track “Young Homie” and his dedication to remaining sober; R&B heartthrob Canty, whom Reid pegged as “the next [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Bobby Brown[/lastfm],” without the sex; and Bradley, the teen rapper with a spitfire flow and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Jay-Z [/lastfm]aspirations. Rene, Canty and Bradley were three of Reid’s four semi-finalists.
Melanie Amaro, the show’s inaugural winner, snagged the largest guaranteed prize in television history with a $5-million recording contract with Sony Music through Syco, a joint venture between Sony and show creator Simon Cowell.
Reid was appointed chairman and chief executive of the label in July after previously serving as chairman of Island Def Jam — from which he departed to become a judge on “The X Factor” alongside Cowell, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Paula Abdul[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Nicole Scherzinger[/lastfm].
Who didn’t see this coming? This was in the works when the 3 became finalists in the competition. The national exposure was the perfect launch needed for all 3 of them to have a ready made fan base, which will equal album sales.
More stories on JAMZ:
- AMPlified Saturdays At The Groove At Universal CityWalk®
- Play Show Tune Tuesdays to win Daniel Tosh tickets!
- Win Your Passes To The Advance Screening Of Marvel Studio’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win $100 To Qdoba
- It’s A Weekend Of Winning With Desiigner!
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Tickets To See Enrique Iglesias And Pitbull
- Students Cover Prince’s ‘Let’s Work’ in Adorable Video
- Kendrick Lamar Confirms No New Music is Coming
- Kendrick Lamar Explains His Fox News Jabs on ‘DAMN.’
- Three Prince Performances That Will Leave You Speechless