After 131 Years In Business Kodak File For Bankruptcy!
One of the longest running businesses in this country has filed for bankruptcy. Kodak tried hard to avoid going through this but it was unavoidable.
According to MSN.com:
By Kim Peterson, MSN Money
It’s the end of an era for Eastman Kodak. The legendary American company said early Thursday it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, unable to shore up the cash it needs to continue operating. The stock has been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange. Its shares were falling in over-the-counter trading Thursday under the new symbol EKDKQ.
The 131-year-old company had been trying desperately to sell its huge collection of digital-imaging patents, saying it needed the money to survive. The company’s future essentially hinged on that sale. If it didn’t come through — and it looks like it didn’t — bankruptcy was all but assured.
So does this mean that all Kodak products will go on a clearance sale? If so? I’m ready to go buy something!
More story on JAMZ:
- 13 Patriotic TV Shows to Watch Over 4th of July Weekend
- Rihanna’s Sexual, Violent ‘BBHMM’ Video is Very NSFW
- Beyoncé Recreates ‘7/11′ Video to Celebrate Gay Marriage Equality
- Enter Keyword To Win Ed Sheeran Tickets
- Prince Removes Music From All Streaming Services Except TIDAL
- Eminem Interviewed by Stephen Colbert on Real Michigan Cable Access Show
- Barack Obama Listened to Outkast and The Black Keys on July 1, 2015
- Interview: Adam Lambert on ‘The Original High,’ ’80s Covers, Queen and Broadway
- Watch the Dark New Trailer for Aaron Sorkin’s ‘Steve Jobs’
- ‘Roots’ Is Getting Rebooted with Laurence Fishburne as Alex Haley