After 131 Years In Business Kodak File For Bankruptcy!
One of the longest running businesses in this country has filed for bankruptcy. Kodak tried hard to avoid going through this but it was unavoidable.
According to MSN.com:
By Kim Peterson, MSN Money
It’s the end of an era for Eastman Kodak. The legendary American company said early Thursday it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, unable to shore up the cash it needs to continue operating. The stock has been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange. Its shares were falling in over-the-counter trading Thursday under the new symbol EKDKQ.
The 131-year-old company had been trying desperately to sell its huge collection of digital-imaging patents, saying it needed the money to survive. The company’s future essentially hinged on that sale. If it didn’t come through — and it looks like it didn’t — bankruptcy was all but assured.
So does this mean that all Kodak products will go on a clearance sale? If so? I’m ready to go buy something!
More story on JAMZ:
- Sam Smith Pulls Surprise Guest Ed Sheeran for ‘Stay With Me’ Duet: Watch
- Dr. Luke Files Lawsuit Against Kesha’s Mother, Accuses Her of ‘Tortious Interference’
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been
- This Taylor Swift/Beyoncé Mashup Will Change Your Life
- Taylor Swift on Why ‘1989’ Song ‘How You Get the Girl’ Could Result in a Restraining Order: Watch
- Girl Wakes Up From Surgery, Upset She’s Not Nicki Minaj! [Video]
- ‘Frozen,’ ‘Walking Dead,’ Dog Spider: Halloween Costume Guide 2014
- Eminem Reveals ‘ShadyXV’ Tracklist Featuring Big Sean, Danny Brown, Skylar Grey