After 131 Years In Business Kodak File For Bankruptcy!
One of the longest running businesses in this country has filed for bankruptcy. Kodak tried hard to avoid going through this but it was unavoidable.
According to MSN.com:
By Kim Peterson, MSN Money
It’s the end of an era for Eastman Kodak. The legendary American company said early Thursday it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, unable to shore up the cash it needs to continue operating. The stock has been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange. Its shares were falling in over-the-counter trading Thursday under the new symbol EKDKQ.
The 131-year-old company had been trying desperately to sell its huge collection of digital-imaging patents, saying it needed the money to survive. The company’s future essentially hinged on that sale. If it didn’t come through — and it looks like it didn’t — bankruptcy was all but assured.
So does this mean that all Kodak products will go on a clearance sale? If so? I’m ready to go buy something!
More story on JAMZ:
- Hang With The AMP Team At The Spark Run!
- Drake, Lil Wayne May Tour Together Again
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’
- Quickest Interview Ever: Charli XCX [VIDEO]
- Quickest Interview Ever: Michael Myers [VIDEO]
- Trending: Taylor Swift Admits She Wouldn’t Date Herself
- 10 Surprising Facts About Walt Disney World
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again : Watch And Hear Why
- Prince Brings Kendrick Lamar to the Stage at Paisley Park Listening Party: Watch
- Theophilus London on New Kanye West Album: ‘It Isn’t Finish[ed]‘