After 131 Years In Business Kodak File For Bankruptcy!
One of the longest running businesses in this country has filed for bankruptcy. Kodak tried hard to avoid going through this but it was unavoidable.
According to MSN.com:
By Kim Peterson, MSN Money
It’s the end of an era for Eastman Kodak. The legendary American company said early Thursday it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, unable to shore up the cash it needs to continue operating. The stock has been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange. Its shares were falling in over-the-counter trading Thursday under the new symbol EKDKQ.
The 131-year-old company had been trying desperately to sell its huge collection of digital-imaging patents, saying it needed the money to survive. The company’s future essentially hinged on that sale. If it didn’t come through — and it looks like it didn’t — bankruptcy was all but assured.
So does this mean that all Kodak products will go on a clearance sale? If so? I’m ready to go buy something!
More story on JAMZ:
- Zedd Teases EDM Remix of Magic!’s ‘Rude': Listen
- Jill’s Fabulous Friend: If Miley Cyrus Wears It…Do The Opposite
- Chris Brown Reveals ‘X’ Tracklist, Including Kendrick Lamar, R. Kelly
- Paparazzi Hater Kanye West Says His Father Was a Paparazzo
- Watch Drake & Lil Wayne Bring Out Bobby Shmurda and Do His Shmoney Dance On Stage
- Bea Miller Takes Over The 101.9 AMP Radio Twitter Account
- Miley Cyrus and 5 Other Musicians Who’ve Used Award Shows as Protest Signs
- Quickest Interview Ever: Bea Miller [VIDEO]
- Superman And Lois Lane Take The ALS Ice Bucket Challenege! It’s Awesome! [VIDEO]
- Trending: Ariana Grande Doesn’t Always Order A Grande From Starbucks