After 131 Years In Business Kodak File For Bankruptcy!
One of the longest running businesses in this country has filed for bankruptcy. Kodak tried hard to avoid going through this but it was unavoidable.
According to MSN.com:
By Kim Peterson, MSN Money
It’s the end of an era for Eastman Kodak. The legendary American company said early Thursday it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, unable to shore up the cash it needs to continue operating. The stock has been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange. Its shares were falling in over-the-counter trading Thursday under the new symbol EKDKQ.
The 131-year-old company had been trying desperately to sell its huge collection of digital-imaging patents, saying it needed the money to survive. The company’s future essentially hinged on that sale. If it didn’t come through — and it looks like it didn’t — bankruptcy was all but assured.
So does this mean that all Kodak products will go on a clearance sale? If so? I’m ready to go buy something!
More story on JAMZ:
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Announce 2015 North America Tour
- Lana Del Rey is a Blushing Bride in ‘Ultraviolence’ Video [WATCH]
- Vin Diesel Says Iggy Azalea Has a Part in ‘Fast & Furious 7′
- Janelle Monáe Has a Star-Studded Video for ‘Electric Lady,’ Featuring T.I., Estelle: Watch
- Nick Jonas Releases ‘Chains’ Video, Confirms Demi Lovato is On New Solo Album
- Get a Sneak Peek at Britney Spears’ New Lingerie Line
- Justin Bieber Gets Into Fight With Legolas In Ibiza
- Diplo Debuts New Jack U Track in Paris
- New Ariana Grande Song ‘Be My Baby’ Previewed at Cashmere Cat DJ Set
- Porter Robinson Drops New Song, ‘Flicker’