After 131 Years In Business Kodak File For Bankruptcy!
One of the longest running businesses in this country has filed for bankruptcy. Kodak tried hard to avoid going through this but it was unavoidable.
According to MSN.com:
By Kim Peterson, MSN Money
It’s the end of an era for Eastman Kodak. The legendary American company said early Thursday it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, unable to shore up the cash it needs to continue operating. The stock has been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange. Its shares were falling in over-the-counter trading Thursday under the new symbol EKDKQ.
The 131-year-old company had been trying desperately to sell its huge collection of digital-imaging patents, saying it needed the money to survive. The company’s future essentially hinged on that sale. If it didn’t come through — and it looks like it didn’t — bankruptcy was all but assured.
So does this mean that all Kodak products will go on a clearance sale? If so? I’m ready to go buy something!
More story on JAMZ:
- Weekend Of Winning For Tickets To See Pitbull For Universal’s 25th Anniversary Concert Series
- 5 Looks You Need for Your Best Beauty Summer Ever
- Play Scrabble for the Lolz: Board Game Adds Thousands of New Words
- Drake’s OVO Sound Receives Ontario Music Fund Grant
- Sage the Gemini + Nick Jonas + Fresh Fruit = ‘Good Thing’ Video: Watch
- Jimmy Fallon & Pitbull Are Not Smarter Than a 5th Grader: Watch
- Things You Can Do With Wine This Summer
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’ Video Broke Vevo’s Record for Most Views in 24 Hours
- 26 Delicious Songs You Can Bring on a Picnic, from A to Z
- Vin Diesel Sings Tove Lo’s ‘Habits’ In Honor of Paul Walker