One of the longest running businesses in this country has filed for bankruptcy. Kodak tried hard to avoid going through this but it was unavoidable.
According to MSN.com:
By Kim Peterson, MSN Money
It’s the end of an era for Eastman Kodak. The legendary American company said early Thursday it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, unable to shore up the cash it needs to continue operating. The stock has been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange. Its shares were falling in over-the-counter trading Thursday under the new symbol EKDKQ.
The 131-year-old company had been trying desperately to sell its huge collection of digital-imaging patents, saying it needed the money to survive. The company’s future essentially hinged on that sale. If it didn’t come through — and it looks like it didn’t — bankruptcy was all but assured.
So does this mean that all Kodak products will go on a clearance sale? If so? I’m ready to go buy something!
More story on JAMZ:
- See a Photo of Harry Styles from the set of ‘Dunkirk’
- Alessia Cara Covers U2’s ‘One’
- Pitbull Releases ‘Greenlight’ Featuring Flo Rida & LunchMoney Lewis
- Watch a Group of 80 Year Olds ‘Shake It Off’ to Taylor Swift
- Rihanna to Play Pivotal Role in ‘Bates Motel’
- Listen To Win Suicide Squad Advance Screening Tickets
- Selena Gomez Shares Emotional Message after Difficult Show
- Tower Of Terror Getting A Guardians Of The Galaxy Makeover
- Ariana Grande Debuts Bangin’ New Hairstyle
- Lil Wayne Angry at Marijuana Festival, Cuts Performance Short