One of the longest running businesses in this country has filed for bankruptcy. Kodak tried hard to avoid going through this but it was unavoidable.
According to MSN.com:
By Kim Peterson, MSN Money
It’s the end of an era for Eastman Kodak. The legendary American company said early Thursday it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, unable to shore up the cash it needs to continue operating. The stock has been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange. Its shares were falling in over-the-counter trading Thursday under the new symbol EKDKQ.
The 131-year-old company had been trying desperately to sell its huge collection of digital-imaging patents, saying it needed the money to survive. The company’s future essentially hinged on that sale. If it didn’t come through — and it looks like it didn’t — bankruptcy was all but assured.
So does this mean that all Kodak products will go on a clearance sale? If so? I’m ready to go buy something!
More story on JAMZ:
- Justin Bieber Presented With Eight Guinness World Records
- John Legend Proposes Changing National Anthem
- Damon Dash Developing Roc-A-Fella Story for Television
- Iggy Azalea & French Montana Take Romantic Vacation
- Chris Brown Investigated by Police at Los Angeles Home
- Full Cast Of The New Season Of Dancing With The Stars
- Sporty Spice Explains Why She Skipped the Spice Girls ‘Reunion’
- What Jill Does While Awaiting The Announcement For The New Cast Of Dancing With The Stars
- Justin Bieber Has Just Been Credited with Eight Guinness World Records
- James Corden Spoofs Kanye West’s ‘Fade’ Video