Olympian Sells His Arm As Ad Space!
This years upcoming 2012 Olympics will feature some athletes wearing not only their countries colors. But sponsorship ads on their skin, paid for by companies who can’t really afford the millions of dollars it may cost to advertise during the Olympics.
According to MSN.com:
As an 800-meter-dash Olympic runner, Nick Symmonds (watch Symmonds race) isn’t the recipient of multimillion-dollar contracts and sponsorship deals. But the track star will still get $11,100 (minus auction fees) from one person who paid to have a Twitter handle temporarily tattooed on the runner’s arm (find the eBay listing for Symmonds’ skin space).
It’s going to interesting to see how many other Olympiads try and take advantage of this opportunity and get some extra money.
More stories on JAMZ:
- Jaden Smith Gets a Love Interest in Kylie Jenner for ‘Blue Ocean’ Video: Watch
- Wayne Coyne Talks Shelved Kesha Project, Sides with Singer in Dr. Luke Controversy
- Tyga Disses Nicki Minaj, Drake: ‘He’s Just Fake to Me’
- Hang Out With 101.9 AMP Radio At The Orlando Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk!
- Watch Floyd Mayweather Beat Justin Bieber with a Baseball Bat in a Boxing Ring, Courtesy of ‘Conan’
- 8-Seconds of White Noise from Taylor Swift Topped the Canadian iTunes Chart
- Sia Does ‘You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile’ For ‘Annie’ Soundtrack: Listen
- Kesha Denied Dr. Luke Molested Her in Years-Old Deposition
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?
- Kanye West Gets All Mushy in Honor of Kim Kardashian’s Birthday