Olympian Sells His Arm As Ad Space!
This years upcoming 2012 Olympics will feature some athletes wearing not only their countries colors. But sponsorship ads on their skin, paid for by companies who can’t really afford the millions of dollars it may cost to advertise during the Olympics.
According to MSN.com:
As an 800-meter-dash Olympic runner, Nick Symmonds (watch Symmonds race) isn’t the recipient of multimillion-dollar contracts and sponsorship deals. But the track star will still get $11,100 (minus auction fees) from one person who paid to have a Twitter handle temporarily tattooed on the runner’s arm (find the eBay listing for Symmonds’ skin space).
It’s going to interesting to see how many other Olympiads try and take advantage of this opportunity and get some extra money.
More stories on JAMZ:
- Alesso Dances His Way From Nerd to Heartthrob in ‘Cool’ Video: Watch
- Impact: Kelly Clarkson Returns to Pop on ‘Piece By Piece’
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- Snoop Dogg & Pharrell Can’t Stop Dancing in New ‘Bush’ Trailer: Watch
- VIP And Backstage Passes At Cash Cash Show
- Kelly Clarkson Says Her Husband Is the Only Person She’s Ever Truly Loved
- Watch King Kong Punch a Shark in David Guetta’s ‘What I Did for Love’ Video
- Kanye West Got Tattoos of His Mom’s, Daughter’s Birthdays
- Win Tickets To See Kevin Hart
- FAQ: Albums Come Out on Fridays Now