Come February 12th the 54th Annual Grammy Awards will take place in Los Angeles at the Staples Center with host[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”] LL Cool J[/lastfm], and as usual it going to be a star studded event!
According to HiphopDX.com:
Cool James becomes the first person to host the award ceremony in seven years.
Two-time winner LL Cool J has been tapped to host the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards, making it the first time in seven years that the Academy has enlisted a host.
“I’m thrilled to be part of Music’s Biggest Night,” said LL. “I will always have fond memories of my first GRAMMY Awards and to now be hosting the GRAMMY show, in the company of so many other incredible artists, is a dream come true. Great performances and great music — it’s gonna be a great night!”
LL has hosted “The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! — Countdown To Music’s Biggest Night” since it began in December 2008. He has been nominated nine times, and won in the Best Rap Solo Performance category in 1992 and 1997 for “Mama Said Knock You Out” and “Hey Lover,” respectively.
The event will take place on February 12th at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, and will be aired on CBS from 8-11:30 p.m.
It’s going to be a refreshing change to actually have a host at the Grammy Awards this year. I just hope they book some great talent to perform and get a handle on stage security this year.
More stories on JAMZ:
- Moby Releases Updated Jason Bourne Theme Song, ‘Extreme Ways’
- Nick Jonas Bummed He Didn’t Get a VMA Nod, But Life is Pretty Good
- Ariana Grande and Ricky Alvarez Break Up
- Lorde Shares Hilarious Uber Story
- Mila Kunis Candidly Describes Ashton Kutcher’s Man Piece
- MTV Announces 2016 VMA Nominees
- Taylor Swift Fan Committed to Psychiatric Hospital after Stage Rushing Incident
- DJ Khaled Inspired by Disabled Fan
- Britney Spears on New Video: ‘There’s lots of female empowerment. Lol.’
- Tyler, the Creator Says Pharrell’s ‘In My Mind’ Changed His Life