LL Cool J Will Host The 54th Grammy Awards
Come February 12th the 54th Annual Grammy Awards will take place in Los Angeles at the Staples Center with host[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”] LL Cool J[/lastfm], and as usual it going to be a star studded event!
According to HiphopDX.com:
Cool James becomes the first person to host the award ceremony in seven years.
Two-time winner LL Cool J has been tapped to host the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards, making it the first time in seven years that the Academy has enlisted a host.
“I’m thrilled to be part of Music’s Biggest Night,” said LL. “I will always have fond memories of my first GRAMMY Awards and to now be hosting the GRAMMY show, in the company of so many other incredible artists, is a dream come true. Great performances and great music — it’s gonna be a great night!”
LL has hosted “The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! — Countdown To Music’s Biggest Night” since it began in December 2008. He has been nominated nine times, and won in the Best Rap Solo Performance category in 1992 and 1997 for “Mama Said Knock You Out” and “Hey Lover,” respectively.
The event will take place on February 12th at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, and will be aired on CBS from 8-11:30 p.m.
It’s going to be a refreshing change to actually have a host at the Grammy Awards this year. I just hope they book some great talent to perform and get a handle on stage security this year.
More stories on JAMZ:
- Big Boi Hops on Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Remix: Listen
- Nick Jonas Recreates Tom Hanks’ Iconic Big Piano Dance: Watch
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- Top 14 New Artists Of 2014
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater
- University of Pennsylvania Frat Suspended for Holiday Card with Beyoncé Sex Doll
- Chris Brown & Tyga Get All Conceited on New Joint Track ‘Ayo’
- Nicki Minaj Thinks Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Crazy Voices’ Remind Her A Lot of Nicki Minaj
- Drake Had a Lot of Fun at the Toronto Raptors’ 2nd Annual ‘Drake Night’
- Google Releases 2014’s Year in Search Stats