Beyonce Gets Golden Bootied Bug Named For Her
There’s no doubt that Beyonce looks great in gold and has an amazing booty, but naming a golden bootied bug after her? That’s what’s happened with a scientist in Australia who has named a rare species of horse fly the Scaptia (Plinthina) beyonceae.
According to The Huffington Post, the insect was named by 24-year-old Australian researcher Bryan Lessard based on a species that was captured and put into a fly collection in 1981. Ironically, that is the same year in which Beyonce was born.
No word as to whether Beyonce is aware of the “bootylicious” bug yet, but Lessard, who is a big fan, hopes she will take it all as a huge compliment.
What’s New On 102 JAMZ?
- Justin Bieber Features on Khalil Mixtape, ‘A Long Short Story’
- Someone Flew A Drone Over UCF Bid Day And It Is Everything
- Ferrari Tells Deadmau5 to Stop it with the ‘Purrari’ Already
- LMFAO’s Redfoo Injured After Man Throws Glass at Him in Bar
- ‘CMT Crossroads’ Snags John Legend, Lee Ann Womack for Next Episode
[photogallerylink id=64763 align=left]
[photogallerylink id=60056 align=left]