There’s no doubt that Beyonce looks great in gold and has an amazing booty, but naming a golden bootied bug after her? That’s what’s happened with a scientist in Australia who has named a rare species of horse fly the Scaptia (Plinthina) beyonceae.
According to The Huffington Post, the insect was named by 24-year-old Australian researcher Bryan Lessard based on a species that was captured and put into a fly collection in 1981. Ironically, that is the same year in which Beyonce was born.
No word as to whether Beyonce is aware of the “bootylicious” bug yet, but Lessard, who is a big fan, hopes she will take it all as a huge compliment.
What’s New On 102 JAMZ?
- Ariana Grande’s Charm is ‘Dangerous’ in New York City
- Deadmau5 Gives Free Download of Unreleased Tracks
- Jason Derulo Drops ‘Swalla’ Featuring Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign
- Justin Bieber Did Not Pee His Pants. Here’s What Happened.
- John Mayer Unpacks ‘The Search for Everything’ Wave 2
[photogallerylink id=64763 align=left]
[photogallerylink id=60056 align=left]