Nas Won’t Return All Of The Money Needed To Free American Concert Promoter!
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Nas[/lastfm] has said that he will do whatever it takes to help get an American concert promoter back home to the USA…Except give back all the money!
According to HiphopDX.com:
UPDATE #2: The promoter paid Nas to perform in Angola on New Year’s Eve, but he failed to appear.
An American concert promoter named Patrick Allocco says that he and his son were kidnapped after Nas failed to show up at a New Year’s Eve performance in Angola.
According to TMZ, Allocco, who serves as CEO for AllGood Entertainment, and his son were kidnapped at gunpoint by employees of local “concert impresario” Henrique “Riquhino” Miguel, who had supplied money for the show.
Allocco had paid Nas and opening act [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Jemiah Jai[/lastfm] $315,000 to perform two shows but both artists failed to get on flights to Angola. Miguel took him into custody as he feared that Allocco would leave the country before the matter was resolved. He and his son were passed off to local authorities, who interrogated them for seven hours before letting them go. They are still in Angola trying to work out the money issue.
“The hope is that Nas and Jemiah Jai will return all of the monies that were wired to them immediately so that our ransom may be paid and our safe return to the United States may be facilitated,” read a statement from Allocco’s people.
UPDATE: Nas is reportedly trying to return the money he accepted from his botched New Year’s Eve performance in Angola so that concert promoter Patrick Allocco can return to the States. While he won’t “shoulder the entirety of the blame,” Nasty Nas agreed to perform the gig but called it off after a “miscommunication” about travel plans. He is unsure of where to send the check, but is working on the solution to bring him back to America.
UPDATE #2: During an interview with NJ’s The Star Ledger, concert promoter Patrick Allocco, who is still being held in Angola with his son, said that Nas returned $200,000 of his $300,000 payment to perform but won’t fork over the rest.
“He is supposed to send another $100,000, but now he is reneging,” Allocco said.
Allocco and his son are in an Angolan hotel hoping to resolve this “nightmare.”
Wow! I guess Nas’s money is more important than this man’s freedom? Or? That’s just not the way his bank account is set up!
More stories on JAMZ:
- Fifth Harmony Weekend of Winning
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See Jake Miller
- Win A $100 Gift Certificate To Bonefish Grill
- Win Tickets & Meet N’ Greet Passes To See Prince Royce
- Deadmau5 Trolls Justin Bieber, Diplo & Skrillex with Parody Remix of ‘Where Are Ü Now’
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- 13 Patriotic TV Shows to Watch Over 4th of July Weekend