Birdman Promises A Big Release Year For YMCMB!
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Birdman[/lastfm] has said that 2012 will be a big release year for Young Money/Cash Money Records! Not saying that 2011 was a slow year for them anyway.
According to HiphopDX.com:
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Lil Wayne[/lastfm] working on “a couple of albums” this year according to Birdman, plans on releasing “I’m Not A Human Being [Part 2].”
According to Birdman, 2012 will be quite the year for Young Money/Cash Money as far as releases are concerned. The Cash Money co-founder recently spoke with XXL Magazine and revealed that fans of the label can expect a project from nearly every artist on the Young Money/Cash Money roster this year.
Among the artists at the forefront is Lil Wayne who Birdman says has a “couple of albums” in the works for the year. But before Lil Wayne drops his album the label will release projects from [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Tyga[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Nicki Mina[/lastfm]j, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Lil Twist[/lastfm], and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Bow Wow[/lastfm].
“He’s working on a couple of albums,” Birdman explained to XXL Magazine. “I think the next one he wants to put out is I’m Not a Human Being [Part 2]. We don’t have a date. He never stops working. So with him, you never know.
It all depends on when the young boss wants to drop it. Tunechi do what he want. We’re ready for whatever, whenever he’s ready to go. When he calls the shot, we’ll make it move. Right now it’s about Tyga, Nicki, Twist, Bow and myself; everybody that has albums coming out before we put Wayne’s out in the next few months.”
On top of Young Money/Cash Money’s numerous 2012 releases, Birdman says he’d also like to focus on each artist having their own tour.
“That’s one of the goals we have. That’s something I would like to do one day in this lifetime. I want us to do our own tours. And we set up for that,” said Birdman.
“That’s one of the reasons for having these special acts – for touring. Everybody is going to have fresh music out by the summer time. We just gonna keep it going. Try to find new acts, try to break new acts. And the acts that’s already broke, keep getting bigger and bigger. I can’t stress enough about the growth. We just want to grow, sell more records, do more digital numbers, find a way to keep expanding.”
2011 was a big year for YMCMB, and now they plan on repeating that year with an even bigger presence? I can’t wait!!
More stories on JAMZ:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Win A Gift Certificate For ‘Antojito’s Authenic Mexican Food’ At Universal CityWalk ®
- [PHOTOS] 1019 AMP Radio Switch Party With Rixton
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Tiesto, Hardwell, Calvin Harris & Steve Angello Lead Electric Daisy Carnival NY 2014 Lineup
- Jennifer Lopez’s Drops New Single, ‘I Luh Ya Papi’ Featuring French Montana
- Skrillex & Boys Noize Go Interstellar for New Dog Blood Video ‘Chella Ride’
- New Study Finds That Some People Are Incapable of Enjoying Music