Paula White has been named the new Pastor of New Destiny Christian Center (NDCC) and Founding Pastor Riva Tims wants in as the new head of the church. She has even filed a lawsuit against the new change at NDCC.
According to CFNews13.com:
New Destiny Christian Center named its new leader Thursday, as a co-founder of the church filed a lawsuit in protest.
Paula White, who heads up the Without Walls International Church in Tampa, was named the pastor of New Destiny Thursday.
Protesters have been vocal though against installing White as the new pastor, replacing the late founder of the church, Pastor Zachery Tims. He died in August.
Tims’ ex-wife, Riva Tims, has filed a lawsuit against the church. She says the church bylaws make it plain that she should be pastor of the church. She says she has tried to meet several times with New Destiny’s board and with White, but they have refused to meet her.
Tims held a news conference before the church formally announced White has the new head of New Destiny on Thursday.
“I’m here to declare to you today that as a founder of New Destiny Christian Center, that I am the real mother,” Tims said to cheers.
Tims and her attorney say if nothing else, the congregation should be allowed a final vote on who should be pastor of the church.
There is a contingent of people at the church who are suspcious of White. Her church, Without Walls, has been saddled with controversy. A 2006 audit found the church had more than $26 million in debt, while her and her ex-husband, who believe in the “prosperity gospel,” lived a lavish lifestyle.
I don’t see why Pastor Riva Tims was not considered to regain the lead roll in a church she help found? I say “Let her back in the pulpit!!”
- Keshia Knight Pullium Speaks On Husband Blindsiding Her With Divorce and Paternity Test
- MTV Classic to Launch Aug 1 with Focus on 90s
- JoJo, Wiz Khalifa Collaborate on ‘F— Apologies’
- Ice Cube Revamps ‘Hollywood Squares’ as Hip-Hop Game Show
- Frozen Rosé Is The Newest Wine Craze
- Zayn Malik on Leaving One Direction: ‘It Didn’t Feel Brave’
- Kesha Talks Dr. Luke Lawsuit, Gun Control at Post-DNC Event
- M.I.A. Calls MTV Video Music Awards ‘Racist, Classist, Elitist’
- Dr. Dre Cleared of Gun Possession Charge
- Kanye West Addresses Taylor Swift Feud at Drake Show