Pastor Riva Tims Wants To Reclaim Her Lead Roll At NDCC
Paula White has been named the new Pastor of New Destiny Christian Center (NDCC) and Founding Pastor Riva Tims wants in as the new head of the church. She has even filed a lawsuit against the new change at NDCC.
According to CFNews13.com:
New Destiny Christian Center named its new leader Thursday, as a co-founder of the church filed a lawsuit in protest.
Paula White, who heads up the Without Walls International Church in Tampa, was named the pastor of New Destiny Thursday.
Protesters have been vocal though against installing White as the new pastor, replacing the late founder of the church, Pastor Zachery Tims. He died in August.
Tims’ ex-wife, Riva Tims, has filed a lawsuit against the church. She says the church bylaws make it plain that she should be pastor of the church. She says she has tried to meet several times with New Destiny’s board and with White, but they have refused to meet her.
Tims held a news conference before the church formally announced White has the new head of New Destiny on Thursday.
“I’m here to declare to you today that as a founder of New Destiny Christian Center, that I am the real mother,” Tims said to cheers.
Tims and her attorney say if nothing else, the congregation should be allowed a final vote on who should be pastor of the church.
There is a contingent of people at the church who are suspcious of White. Her church, Without Walls, has been saddled with controversy. A 2006 audit found the church had more than $26 million in debt, while her and her ex-husband, who believe in the “prosperity gospel,” lived a lavish lifestyle.
I don’t see why Pastor Riva Tims was not considered to regain the lead roll in a church she help found? I say “Let her back in the pulpit!!”
- Nae Nae Dance Originators Tell Miley Cyrus She’s Doing it Wrong
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Chris Brown Settles D.C. Assault Lawsuit
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Nicki Minaj Drops ‘Pinkprint’ Teaser on Instagram: Watch
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Kendrick Lamar Performs ‘i’ at LeBron James’ First Home Game in Cleveland: Watch
- New Music To Know: Dej Loaf Puts Detroit on the Map, Again
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Trick-Or-Eat And Celebrate This Halloween FOR FREE!