[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Drake[/lastfm] felt like surprising a fan of his as she began to sing [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rihanna[/lastfm]’s song “What’s my name?” during a karaoke party in Los Angeles.
According to HiphopDX.com:
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Drake made one fan’s night by joining her on stage as she performed a karaoke rendition of Rihanna’s “What’s My Name?” in Los Angeles.
During an evening out at Los Angeles’ Saddle Ranch, a young fan named Dee was surprised by Drake when he joined her on stage for a karaoke performance. The excited fan introduced Drake to the crowd as she began singing Rihanna’s “What’s My Name?” and Drake joined her to perform his portion of the song.
“I was up there with the mic and the first beats of ‘Only Girl in the World’ started playing and I said, ‘Stop the song! Does anyone here know how to do the Drake part of “What’s My Name?'” So I was like, ‘Anyone? Anyone? Hello?’ And decided to just sing it by myself and then boom! Drake jumps up with his bodyguard behind him and was like ‘Wait, I thought I was going to do the song with you,'” the fan, Dee, explained to E! News.
“I was like, ‘Oh my god, Drake!'” she added. “I just got lost in the moment and thought, ‘Whatever happens, I don’t care.’ It was a total Hollywood moment.”
After performing his verse off the track, Drake sat down next to Dee as she continued with the song.
Footage of the experience was captured by a friend on a cellphone camera. It can be seen below.
This is a great story for the holidays! This is also something that has really never been done before. What if your favorite artist did that with you one night?
More stories on JAMZ:
- Stream Kanye West’s ‘Yeezy Season 3’ Live from Madison Square Garden
- Outkast, Diddy, Future Featured in Organized Noize Documentary
- G-Eazy Wrestles with Hard Won Success on ‘Me, Myself and I’
- Eva Longoria Performs Flo Rida’s ‘Low’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle’
- Kanye West Releases Yeezy Season 2 Fashion Zine
- The Frustrations Of Putting On Eyeliner
- Sia, P!nk, Eddie Vedder Cover Beatles Songs in Netflix Series
- Artist Sues Wu-Tang Clan and Martin Shkreli for $2 Million
- Halsey Hates Being Called ‘Tri-Bi’
- Gwen Stefani to Perform Live Music Video During GRAMMYs