[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Drake[/lastfm] felt like surprising a fan of his as she began to sing [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rihanna[/lastfm]’s song “What’s my name?” during a karaoke party in Los Angeles.
According to HiphopDX.com:
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Drake made one fan’s night by joining her on stage as she performed a karaoke rendition of Rihanna’s “What’s My Name?” in Los Angeles.
During an evening out at Los Angeles’ Saddle Ranch, a young fan named Dee was surprised by Drake when he joined her on stage for a karaoke performance. The excited fan introduced Drake to the crowd as she began singing Rihanna’s “What’s My Name?” and Drake joined her to perform his portion of the song.
“I was up there with the mic and the first beats of ‘Only Girl in the World’ started playing and I said, ‘Stop the song! Does anyone here know how to do the Drake part of “What’s My Name?'” So I was like, ‘Anyone? Anyone? Hello?’ And decided to just sing it by myself and then boom! Drake jumps up with his bodyguard behind him and was like ‘Wait, I thought I was going to do the song with you,'” the fan, Dee, explained to E! News.
“I was like, ‘Oh my god, Drake!'” she added. “I just got lost in the moment and thought, ‘Whatever happens, I don’t care.’ It was a total Hollywood moment.”
After performing his verse off the track, Drake sat down next to Dee as she continued with the song.
Footage of the experience was captured by a friend on a cellphone camera. It can be seen below.
This is a great story for the holidays! This is also something that has really never been done before. What if your favorite artist did that with you one night?
More stories on JAMZ:
- Beat My Tweet To Win Charlie Puth Tickets
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Tickets To Howl-O-Scream At Busch Gardens Tampa
- Guess That Show Tune To Win Charlie Puth Tickets
- Listen To Win Tickets To Madame Orlando, An Evening Of Hollywood Glam
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win Charlie Puth Tickets And $50 At Tapa Toro
- Astrid S Talks New Music And Breaking Into The US
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Welcome Baby Girl
- Jon Bellion on J. Dilla’s Influence and Being a ‘Very Sensitive Cat’
- Chris Brown’s Ordered To Have Supervised Visits With Daughter
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’