[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Drake[/lastfm] felt like surprising a fan of his as she began to sing [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rihanna[/lastfm]’s song “What’s my name?” during a karaoke party in Los Angeles.
According to HiphopDX.com:
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Drake made one fan’s night by joining her on stage as she performed a karaoke rendition of Rihanna’s “What’s My Name?” in Los Angeles.
During an evening out at Los Angeles’ Saddle Ranch, a young fan named Dee was surprised by Drake when he joined her on stage for a karaoke performance. The excited fan introduced Drake to the crowd as she began singing Rihanna’s “What’s My Name?” and Drake joined her to perform his portion of the song.
“I was up there with the mic and the first beats of ‘Only Girl in the World’ started playing and I said, ‘Stop the song! Does anyone here know how to do the Drake part of “What’s My Name?'” So I was like, ‘Anyone? Anyone? Hello?’ And decided to just sing it by myself and then boom! Drake jumps up with his bodyguard behind him and was like ‘Wait, I thought I was going to do the song with you,'” the fan, Dee, explained to E! News.
“I was like, ‘Oh my god, Drake!'” she added. “I just got lost in the moment and thought, ‘Whatever happens, I don’t care.’ It was a total Hollywood moment.”
After performing his verse off the track, Drake sat down next to Dee as she continued with the song.
Footage of the experience was captured by a friend on a cellphone camera. It can be seen below.
This is a great story for the holidays! This is also something that has really never been done before. What if your favorite artist did that with you one night?
More stories on JAMZ:
- Daily Dish For 4.26.17
- Vote For Your Throwback Thursday Song
- Selena Gomez Debuts Short Haircut
- Madonna Calls Potential Biopic Producers Charlatans and Fools
- Sony Music Cuts Ties with Dr. Luke: Report
- Kendrick Lamar’s ‘HUMBLE.’ Beat Was Originally Intended for Gucci Mane
- Clear Plastic Jeans Are A Real Thing
- Enrique Iglesias And Pitbull Presale
- Ellie Goulding & Kygo Team for New Single ‘First Time’
- Jeremih Drops ‘I Think of You’ Video Ft. Chris Brown & Big Sean