[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Drake[/lastfm] felt like surprising a fan of his as she began to sing [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rihanna[/lastfm]’s song “What’s my name?” during a karaoke party in Los Angeles.
According to HiphopDX.com:
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Drake made one fan’s night by joining her on stage as she performed a karaoke rendition of Rihanna’s “What’s My Name?” in Los Angeles.
During an evening out at Los Angeles’ Saddle Ranch, a young fan named Dee was surprised by Drake when he joined her on stage for a karaoke performance. The excited fan introduced Drake to the crowd as she began singing Rihanna’s “What’s My Name?” and Drake joined her to perform his portion of the song.
“I was up there with the mic and the first beats of ‘Only Girl in the World’ started playing and I said, ‘Stop the song! Does anyone here know how to do the Drake part of “What’s My Name?'” So I was like, ‘Anyone? Anyone? Hello?’ And decided to just sing it by myself and then boom! Drake jumps up with his bodyguard behind him and was like ‘Wait, I thought I was going to do the song with you,'” the fan, Dee, explained to E! News.
“I was like, ‘Oh my god, Drake!'” she added. “I just got lost in the moment and thought, ‘Whatever happens, I don’t care.’ It was a total Hollywood moment.”
After performing his verse off the track, Drake sat down next to Dee as she continued with the song.
Footage of the experience was captured by a friend on a cellphone camera. It can be seen below.
This is a great story for the holidays! This is also something that has really never been done before. What if your favorite artist did that with you one night?
More stories on JAMZ:
- What You Doin’ At The Courthouse (01/20/17)
- Adele Will Perform at the GRAMMYs
- Amber Rose Discusses Gender Roles, Cat Calls and Cheaters
- Common Addresses Women’s Health at Gig for Planned Parenthood
- ILoveMakonnen Announces: ‘I’m Gay’
- Madonna: Trump is ‘As Low As We Can Go’
- Chance the Rapper Embarks on the ‘Optimistic Challenge’
- The 9th Annual Downtown Food & Wine Fest Pre-Sale Tickets On Sale NOW!
- If You Need Something Happy Today, Here Is Elliot (Jill’s Son) Singing Macklemore
- Daily Dish For 1.20.17