Someone over in Dubai paid for [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Jay-Z[/lastfm] and[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”] Kanye Wes[/lastfm]t to come and perform at their kids birthday party and paid them big bucks to do it!
According to Hiphopwired.com:
Jay-Z, Kanye West Paid $6 Million To Perform At Sweet 16
Jay-Z and Kanye West have been known to bring in the big bucks, and earlier this month the Hip-Hop duo pocketed nearly $6 million to show up to a 16-year-old’s birthday party. The Throne traveled to Dubai two weeks before Christmas and were paid $2.9 million each to perform at the birthday party of the niece of an Arab billionaire.
According to UK tabloid The Sun, the rappers performed several sets to a packed room of partygoers. The birthday girl comes from a wealthy family which includes her uncle, multi-billionaire owner of the Manchester City Football Club, Sheikh Mansour.
Having recently wrapped up their Watch the Throne Tour stateside, Jay-Z revealed that a follow-up to the collaborative album may be in the works. “We-I say ‘we’ because I’m in Throne mode-we’re in a great place creatively,” said Hova in a recent interview with MTV News. “You might see a Jay, then Kanye and a Throne album next year… We’ve really found our zone.”
Released in August, Watch the Throne debuted atop the Billboard charts selling 436,000 units in its first week, and has been certified platinum with over 1.1 million copies sold in the U.S.
What do I have to do to host one of these birthday parties?!! I’m trying to get that type of money too! I will do it for half the price!
Get more stories on JAMZ:
- Radiohead Guitarist ‘Blew’ Kanye West’s ‘Mind’ in Talk about God
- Watch Akon Share Some Questionable Views about Women
- Calvin Harris Loses Cool at LA Paparazzi, Damages Car
- Watch Fifth Harmony Members Help Kids Make Beautiful Music
- Man Loses 140 Pounds by Eating Chick-Fil-A
- Daily Dish For 6.28.16
- Kanye West Impresses Visual Artist Who Inspired His ‘Famous’ Video
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown Over VMA Party Shooting
- Calvin Harris Apologizes to Paparazzi
- Chris Martin Calls Rihanna the Frank Sinatra of our Generation