[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Snoop Dogg[/lastfm] is under a criminal investigation in Lebanon for smoking weed right in the middle of the city. This latest stunk is starting a serious problem for the concert promoter who brought Snoop into the country.
According to TMZ.com:
Snoop Dogg is in the middle of an international crisis … accused of sparking a phattie burbatty blunt in the middle of Lebanon, which ignited a criminal investigation … this according to a major Middle East concert promoter.
TMZ has learned … Big Snoop has been threatened with a lawsuit over an appearance he made in Beirut back in 2009 … an appearance orchestrated by Middle East concert bigshot Roger Kalaouz.
Kalaouz claims Snoop blazed up some weed in the middle of a concert after-party — which is illegal in Lebanon — and then featured footage of the puff session in a music video for his song, “That’s Tha Homie”.
Kalaouz claims Lebanese authorities caught wind of the weed smoking — and launched a criminal investigation into his company … leaving his reputation “severely damaged.”
Kalaouz claims Snoop also promised he could be the rapper’s exclusive Middle East representative — but after Kalaouz started booking Snoop, Dogg’s people told him the deal was never officially authorized.
Kalaouz has fired off letters to Snoop’s people — demanding more than $280k in damages … and a commitment for Snoop to perform 2 concerts in the Middle East.
Snoop’s people told Kalaouz they were taking his complaint seriously — but so far, no agreement has been reached.
A rep for Snoop had no comment.
When will Snoop learn that he just can’t smoke weed anywhere and everywhere he pleases? He might find himself in a foreign prison somewhere locked up for a long time one day!
More stories on JAMZ:
- Listen To Win Tickets To Leu Garden’s Dinosaur Invasion
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Gabriel Iglesias Tickets
- “Split” Movie Passes This Weekend Of Winning
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win A Digital Download of ‘Starboy’
- Play “Beat My Tweet” To Win Advance Screening Passes To “The Space Between Us”
- Jackie Evancho on Inauguration Performance: ‘I’m Hoping that I Can Bring People Together’
- Ed Sheeran on Keeping ‘Shape of You’
- The Chainsmokers are Taking Their Moms to the GRAMMYs
- Meek Mill Challenges Drake to Boxing Match?
- Kesha is Collaborating with Eagles of Death Metal