Snoop Dogg Under Investigation In Lebanon For Smoking Weed In Public!
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Snoop Dogg[/lastfm] is under a criminal investigation in Lebanon for smoking weed right in the middle of the city. This latest stunk is starting a serious problem for the concert promoter who brought Snoop into the country.
According to TMZ.com:
Snoop Dogg is in the middle of an international crisis … accused of sparking a phattie burbatty blunt in the middle of Lebanon, which ignited a criminal investigation … this according to a major Middle East concert promoter.
TMZ has learned … Big Snoop has been threatened with a lawsuit over an appearance he made in Beirut back in 2009 … an appearance orchestrated by Middle East concert bigshot Roger Kalaouz.
Kalaouz claims Snoop blazed up some weed in the middle of a concert after-party — which is illegal in Lebanon — and then featured footage of the puff session in a music video for his song, “That’s Tha Homie”.
Kalaouz claims Lebanese authorities caught wind of the weed smoking — and launched a criminal investigation into his company … leaving his reputation “severely damaged.”
Kalaouz claims Snoop also promised he could be the rapper’s exclusive Middle East representative — but after Kalaouz started booking Snoop, Dogg’s people told him the deal was never officially authorized.
Kalaouz has fired off letters to Snoop’s people — demanding more than $280k in damages … and a commitment for Snoop to perform 2 concerts in the Middle East.
Snoop’s people told Kalaouz they were taking his complaint seriously — but so far, no agreement has been reached.
A rep for Snoop had no comment.
When will Snoop learn that he just can’t smoke weed anywhere and everywhere he pleases? He might find himself in a foreign prison somewhere locked up for a long time one day!
More stories on JAMZ:
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- David Guetta Hits the Formula 1 Track in ‘Dangerous’ Video: Watch
- Nae Nae Dance Originators Tell Miley Cyrus She’s Doing it Wrong
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Chris Brown Settles D.C. Assault Lawsuit
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Nicki Minaj Drops ‘Pinkprint’ Teaser on Instagram: Watch
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Kendrick Lamar Performs ‘i’ at LeBron James’ First Home Game in Cleveland: Watch
- New Music To Know: Dej Loaf Puts Detroit on the Map, Again