Every day our man Nick Cannon covers off on the hottest music, movies and stars of pop culture. Come back each day for a list from Nick as part of Cannon’s Countdown.
American Idol winner and R&B superstar Fantasia Barrino has given birth to her to second child! Dallas Zavier Barrino was born on Tuesday and weighed 7lbs, 9 ounces. Her boryfriend, Antwaun Cook, was by her side as well as her family. This is her first child with Cook and second child of her own. She has a 10 year-old daughter named Zion.
Check out some of my fave moments from the singer after the jump!
1) Free Yourself : This was Fanny’s first single, produced by Missy Elliot, and an anthem for ladies everywhere who had a no good dude!
2) I’m Doin Me: Another anthem for the ladies (there is a pattern here, huh?) written by my boy Claude Kelly who has penned songs for Christina Aguilera, Britney and Whitney.
3) Bittersweet: Also written by Kelly,this song was the lead single from her last album.
4) Summertime: Her performance of this classic made her a star on American Idol.
5) I’m Here: Fantasia’s signature song from the Broadway play “The Color Purple” in which she played “Ms. Celie”. This is the live performance at The Tony Awards.