Plies In Court To Testify On His Behalf In A Civil Suit Against Him!
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Plies[/lastfm] sat in the hot seat in court to testify on his behalf in a civil suit against him for a shooting at a club in Gainesville, Florida back in 2006.
According to HiphopDX.com:
The Florida rapper took the stand in court last week in a civil suit case against him over a club shooting in ’06.
Back in 2006, a shooting broke out at one of rapper Plies’s performance in Gainesville, Florida that left five attendees injured. Now, five years and two civil suits later, Plies finally took the stand in the case against him and his entourage.
According to reports, Plies’s brother Ronell Levatte and two other men fired shots into the air at a performance at Gainesville’s 283 West nightclub when the Slip-N-Slide rapper’s mic was cut off. While on the stand last week, Plies testified in court about the ’06 shooting incident, saying that he had nothing to do with his brother or the other two guilty parties’ actions.
The $10 million civil suit against Plies, which is the second of two levied against the rapper over the incident, has endured a long road to trial. Despite the fact that the suit was first brought up in March 2010, a court judge dismissed the case in July 2010 on the basis that Plies had not fired the weapon. Now, the plaintiffs have redirected their suit to show that he rapper profited off their injuries.
The full report on the testimony can be seen below. DX will keep you updated as more information comes to light.
Plies maintains his stance that he had nothing to do with the shoot at the club that night. And you can’t hold him liable for the actions of his brother and other persons just because they got out of hand on this one occasion.
The Latest from JAMZ
- Watch Pharrell’s Fantasy Video for ‘Marilyn Monroe’
- New York’s Electric Zoo to Return with Stricter Safety Measures
- Justin Bieber Apologizes, Pleads Ignorance After Dishonorable Selfie In Japan
- Lorde, The National, Nas & The Replacements To Play Boston Calling
- Hear A$AP Rocky Team Up with Lykke Li for ‘No Rest For The Wicked’ Remix
- 101.9 AMP Radio Has Your Tickets To Lana Del Rey’s Sold Out Show
- Watch Lily Allen’s New Video for ‘Sheezus’
- EDM Beats From Red Rocks Amphitheater Too Loud for Local Residents
- Listen to Beyonce Collaborate with Boots Again on ‘Dreams’
- Hot Right Now: Selena Gomez Unfollowed Taylor Swift On Twitter And Instagram