National Ban On Texting While Driving Getting A Lot Of Backing!
As much as we Floridians text and drive, to have a national ban on texting while driving will take a huge police effort to get us all to cut back and hopefully stop all together. But almost 40 states currently have a complete ban on texting right now.
According to Hiphopwired.com:
Should The US Ban Talking On The Phone While Driving?
How many of you talk and text while driving? Let’s be honest. We’re all guilty of it although we clearly know its dangerous and has caused many accidents and lives have been lost in the process.
Well federal safety investigators have had enough and are calling for Texting, emailing and chatting on a cellphone to be against the law while driving.
The plan calls for an exception to the ban only in case of emergencies and will also apply for hands free devices.
According to The Associated Press, 35 states and the District of Columbia ban texting while driving, while nine states and D.C. bar hand-held cellphone use. Thirty states ban all cellphone use for beginning drivers. But enforcement is generally not a high priority, and no states ban the use of hands-free devices for all drivers.
This is going to make a lot of people unhappy if passed but its for the greater good.
We were taught to drive with both hands on the wheel, and texting adds that extra distraction to an already dangerous and deadly activity. I would support the ban, but will have a hard time following it.
Here is more stories you may have missed on JAMZ:
- Lena Dunham Engaged? Not Until Gay Marriage Is Legal in Every State
- Justin Bieber Apologizes to Fans After ‘Ellen’ Appearance: ‘I’m Not Who I Was Pretending to Be’
- Kanye West’s ‘Only One’ Video Celebrates His Bond with Baby North: Watch
- Justin Bieber Teases New Music with Song Snippets
- Bobby Shmurda Gun Charge Not Going Away as Rumored
- Awesome New Addition To Bright House Networks Stadium At UCF!! [PICS]
- Taylor Swift Patents Lyrics, Including ‘This Sick Beat’
- Wine Raves: the Toast of Los Angeles Nightlife
- Would Chris Pratt Make a Good Indiana Jones?
- Who Is Fancy Is Blowing Up The Internet And We’re Totally Ok With It