I’m Suing Everyone Who Falsely Reported Me Being Bankrupt! – Scottie Pippen
A Few Media outlets have reported that former Chicago Bulls legend Scottie Pippen had fell on bad times and was bankrupt. Well, Scottie has fired back at them with a lawsuit suing anyone who falsely reported that story.
According to TMZ.com:
Scottie Pippen claims he’s been unfairly portrayed in the media as a walking financial disaster — and now he’s suing every media outlet that reported he went bankrupt … claiming he hasn’t been worth LESS than $40,000,000 in the last 10 years.
Pippen has filed a lawsuit against TONS of online media outlets — including CBSsports.com, CNBC.com, Arizona State University and more — claiming they all falsely reported the former Chicago Bulls star had gone belly up.
According to the docs, filed in federal court in Illinois and obtained by TMZ … Pippen claims, “It is a most foul libel indeed to be falsely accused of being bankrupt.”
The lawsuit continues, “Scottie never filed bankruptcy and indeed has a substantial net worth, which has not been less than approximately $40,000,000 in the last ten years.”
Pippen claims CNBC.com included him in an article titled, “15 Athletes Gone Bankrupt” … and CBSsports.com posted a photo of Pippen along with a story about NBA players and bankruptcy.
As for ASU — Pippen claims he was tagged as a person who had gone bankrupt in a law blog operated by the University.
Pippen claims each media outlet that besmirched his good name should fork over at least $1 MILLION in damages.
I’m glad I never said anything about him!!
More stories on JAMZ you may have missed:
- Watch Kiesza Dance with Her Clothes in ‘No Enemiesz’ Video
- Watch Drake YOLO It Up, Do the Shmoney Dance at a Dave & Buster’s
- Watch Iggy Azalea’s ‘SNL’ Promo with Jim Carrey
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- YG Jumps On Remix of Fergie’s ‘L.A. Love (La La)': Listen
- Iggy Azalea Releases ‘Beg For it,’ Featuring MØ: Listen
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Score A Pair Of Tickets To See Usher Live At The Amway Center On December 12th!
- Listen To Dustin Every Morning To Win Your Tickets To The Electric Daisy Carnival!
- Monica Lewinsky Thanks All the Artists Like Nicki Minaj & Eminem Who Name-Dropped Her in Their Songs: Watch