I’m Suing Everyone Who Falsely Reported Me Being Bankrupt! – Scottie Pippen
A Few Media outlets have reported that former Chicago Bulls legend Scottie Pippen had fell on bad times and was bankrupt. Well, Scottie has fired back at them with a lawsuit suing anyone who falsely reported that story.
According to TMZ.com:
Scottie Pippen claims he’s been unfairly portrayed in the media as a walking financial disaster — and now he’s suing every media outlet that reported he went bankrupt … claiming he hasn’t been worth LESS than $40,000,000 in the last 10 years.
Pippen has filed a lawsuit against TONS of online media outlets — including CBSsports.com, CNBC.com, Arizona State University and more — claiming they all falsely reported the former Chicago Bulls star had gone belly up.
According to the docs, filed in federal court in Illinois and obtained by TMZ … Pippen claims, “It is a most foul libel indeed to be falsely accused of being bankrupt.”
The lawsuit continues, “Scottie never filed bankruptcy and indeed has a substantial net worth, which has not been less than approximately $40,000,000 in the last ten years.”
Pippen claims CNBC.com included him in an article titled, “15 Athletes Gone Bankrupt” … and CBSsports.com posted a photo of Pippen along with a story about NBA players and bankruptcy.
As for ASU — Pippen claims he was tagged as a person who had gone bankrupt in a law blog operated by the University.
Pippen claims each media outlet that besmirched his good name should fork over at least $1 MILLION in damages.
I’m glad I never said anything about him!!
More stories on JAMZ you may have missed:
- Iggy Azalea Cancels The Great Escape Tour
- Justin Bieber Serenades Newly Engaged Couple with ‘I’ll Make Love To You': Watch
- See Nicki Minaj’s Sexy New ‘Cosmopolitan’ Cover
- Beat My Tweet For Tickets To See Walk The Moon
- Tickets To Orlando Eye And More
- Little Mix Become Your New Queen Bee Overlords in ‘Black Magic’ Video: Watch
- You’re Invited to Jamie Foxx & Chris Brown’s House Party for Their ‘You Changed Me’ Video: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Just Met a New Friend: His Own Wax Figure
- This Beyonce/DuckTales Mashup Is Complete & Utter Perfection
- Water Company Exec Disputes Jay Z Claim That Water Is Free