I’m Suing Everyone Who Falsely Reported Me Being Bankrupt! – Scottie Pippen
A Few Media outlets have reported that former Chicago Bulls legend Scottie Pippen had fell on bad times and was bankrupt. Well, Scottie has fired back at them with a lawsuit suing anyone who falsely reported that story.
According to TMZ.com:
Scottie Pippen claims he’s been unfairly portrayed in the media as a walking financial disaster — and now he’s suing every media outlet that reported he went bankrupt … claiming he hasn’t been worth LESS than $40,000,000 in the last 10 years.
Pippen has filed a lawsuit against TONS of online media outlets — including CBSsports.com, CNBC.com, Arizona State University and more — claiming they all falsely reported the former Chicago Bulls star had gone belly up.
According to the docs, filed in federal court in Illinois and obtained by TMZ … Pippen claims, “It is a most foul libel indeed to be falsely accused of being bankrupt.”
The lawsuit continues, “Scottie never filed bankruptcy and indeed has a substantial net worth, which has not been less than approximately $40,000,000 in the last ten years.”
Pippen claims CNBC.com included him in an article titled, “15 Athletes Gone Bankrupt” … and CBSsports.com posted a photo of Pippen along with a story about NBA players and bankruptcy.
As for ASU — Pippen claims he was tagged as a person who had gone bankrupt in a law blog operated by the University.
Pippen claims each media outlet that besmirched his good name should fork over at least $1 MILLION in damages.
I’m glad I never said anything about him!!
More stories on JAMZ you may have missed:
- Nick Jonas Grows Up on New Single ‘Chains’: Listen
- Justin Bieber Teased Tons of New Songs on Instagram Last Night, Including an EDM House Song: Listen
- Play It, Don’t Play It: Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj “Bang Bang”
- Madonna, Diplo Rework ‘La Isla Bonita’ to Mention Major Lazer in Dub Plate Remix: Watch
- Katy Perry Does the Ultimate #tbt in Lyric Video for ‘This Is How We Do’: Watch
- It’s Britney, Britches! Britney Spears Announces Lingerie Line
- Trending: Katy Perry Releases “This Is How We Do” Lyric Video
- Questlove Defends Iggy Azalea, Calls ‘Fancy’ the Song of the Summer
- Beyoncé Strips Down ‘Crazy In Love’ For Steamy ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Trailer
- Busta Rhymes Leaves Cash Money Without Releasing a Record