A Few Media outlets have reported that former Chicago Bulls legend Scottie Pippen had fell on bad times and was bankrupt. Well, Scottie has fired back at them with a lawsuit suing anyone who falsely reported that story.
According to TMZ.com:
Scottie Pippen claims he’s been unfairly portrayed in the media as a walking financial disaster — and now he’s suing every media outlet that reported he went bankrupt … claiming he hasn’t been worth LESS than $40,000,000 in the last 10 years.
Pippen has filed a lawsuit against TONS of online media outlets — including CBSsports.com, CNBC.com, Arizona State University and more — claiming they all falsely reported the former Chicago Bulls star had gone belly up.
According to the docs, filed in federal court in Illinois and obtained by TMZ … Pippen claims, “It is a most foul libel indeed to be falsely accused of being bankrupt.”
The lawsuit continues, “Scottie never filed bankruptcy and indeed has a substantial net worth, which has not been less than approximately $40,000,000 in the last ten years.”
Pippen claims CNBC.com included him in an article titled, “15 Athletes Gone Bankrupt” … and CBSsports.com posted a photo of Pippen along with a story about NBA players and bankruptcy.
As for ASU — Pippen claims he was tagged as a person who had gone bankrupt in a law blog operated by the University.
Pippen claims each media outlet that besmirched his good name should fork over at least $1 MILLION in damages.
I’m glad I never said anything about him!!
More stories on JAMZ you may have missed:
- Life Hacks That Will Blow Your Mind
- Spencer Ludwig Joins Bebe Rexha’s Tour
- Migos and 2 Chainz Make it Rain on Past Presidents in ‘Deadz’ Video
- Suge Knight’s Son Says He’s Being Treated Unfairly in Prison
- Things We Wish Our Boss Did Better
- Rihanna Wins Harvard’s Humanitarian of the Year Award
- Daily Dish For 2.23.17
- Bebe Rexha Salutes Destiny’s Child in ‘Late Late Show’ Performance
- Zedd & Alessia Cara Drop New Track ‘Stay’
- Watch One of Katy Perry’s Little Houses Fall Offstage at Brit Awards