Every day our man Nick Cannon covers off on the hottest music, movies and stars of pop culture. Come back each day for a list from Nick as part of Cannon’s Countdown.
So, it looks like[mp3com-artist] Jay-Z[/mp3com-artist] and [mp3com-artist]Beyonce [/mp3com-artist] are the biggest winners at this year’s VMAs! She announced her pregnancy at the show and rubbed her baby bump on stage while performing her song “Love On Top.” All I have to say to her and Jay: get ready for the late nights, early mornings and diaper patrol! So, for the rest of the VMA winners, whom Beyonce upstaged despite Gaga’s gender-bending stunt…
1. Best Choreography: Jeffrey Page for Beyonce’s Run The World (Girls: Here’s to African moves, strong women and anarchy!
2. Best Female Video & Best Video With A Message: Lady Gaga’s Born This Way; Gaga’s acceptance cry over a Madonna knock-off beat wins hands down.
3. Best New Artist: Tyler The Creator’s “Yonkers”. Of course. The best is the most unknown. Congrats Timmy, er, I mean Tyler.Just kidding, yo. This is cool. Glad a real up and coming cat won…Big ups!
4. Best Rock Video: Foo Fighter’s “Walk”. Dave Grohl tells people to never lose faith in rock music. This isn’t the first thing he’s done since Nirvana? Yo, son, I am joking! Here is the group performing the song at Live on Letterman:
5. Best Male Video: Justin Bieber’s “U Smile”. So, Bieber tells the world that his pet snake’s name is “Johnson”. Yo, that’s just all kinds of wrong.
6. Best Hip-Hop Video: Nicki Minaj’s “Super Bass”. What!? Lil Kim didn’t win? Damn the VMAs!