101.9 AMP Radio High School Takeover: Click Here To Register Your School NOW!!!

Funeral Services Announced For Pastor Zachery Tims

Church officials of Pastor Zachery Tims‘ New Destiny Christian Center have announced that his funeral will be held on Saturday at 11 AM at First Baptist Church of Orlando. A wake and public viewing will be held from 3-7 PM on Friday at New Destiny Christian Center in Apopka.

Last night at New Destiny Christian Center in Apopka, members gathered in the sanctuary with prayers and remembrance of the 42-year-old pastor and former host of 102 Gospel JAMZ.

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that Jamal Bryant, a Baltimore pastor and friend of Pastor Tims, attended the gathering and gave these words to the congregation:

You are not a personality-driven church. You are a purpose-driven church. Pastor Zack’s DNA is now on you. You are infected with excellence.

Allow yourself the liberty to grieve. Allow yourself the freedom to cry.

Related stories:

Comments

1. gigimarie says:

It is truly tragic that this poor man found himself in such a contradictory life, as Paul described wanting to do right, but the right he would do – he could not. What loneliness, remorse, shame and sheer terror must have haunted this man who both lived in the dark and the light. Are we all
    so different?
    Does his position call him to higher things and demand of him a greater life? Yes it does. But positions do not keep you, positions do not fill the emptiness inside you, positions cannot sustain the gift of God. So is he without our pity? Are his children unworthy of our prayers? No. For his family needs us more now than before and it is our obligation if we care to call on the name of the Lord in their stead.
    Must he account for his sins? Yes. But to us at this time there is no account to be given, save that to our heavenly father who will have mercy on whom he’ll have mercy.
    So what must we do to be saved? When the terrors of our life come whispering and pressing against us in our darkest night … call on the Lord, for only he can save us. He will draw us into his perfect light and deliver us from evil.

1. Dore Diamond says:

Well spoken! A Word of Wisdom is what we all could use. Satan is knocking us off one by one .
      Only the strong will survive. All have sin a fallen short of the Glory of God.

Pastor Tim did his best to stay on the straight an narrow road, but that’s not easy for any of us.

Love

Dr. Diamond 2011 A.D.

2. marthapr says:

I like Gigimarie comments is reality well explained. My heart is broken whether is true or not about the speculations he was a treasure of God we are all to learn about this experience and reality of life. God bless Riva and their children, may God comfort the church members and the weak become strong.

3. Dorothy Collins says:

Well said my sister! Now is the time that we all should be praying because the enemy seeks to devour each and every one of us. It has always been my belief that there should be some means of support for pastors no matter what level they are in Christ. We ALL are subject to fall (if that’s the case) and we need to be able to be counseled by someone who knows the Lord and understands where you don’t feel judged or ashamed. We all must consider ourselves less we be tempted as well. Pastor Tims was my pastor for a few years and I enjoyed his dynamic preaching and teaching. He will be missed. My prayer is for his wife Riva and the kids and his extended family and congregation. Let us love one another as Christ has loved the Church. Remember there is nothing to any of us without the Lord, Let us walk in Love. Let us carry on the Gospel of Christ in winning the lost.

1. lionell grandberry says:

i just seen this on the internet and read a little. Will the know the truth. how can u do a antospy and till dont know the what killed a person i will never know. But i do kmow this that our newspapers are about news not facts. they are abut selling not informing. Our society is about lies and not about the truth. I hope they are all liueing but we will never know the true cause of death rip servant of god

2. Debbie Steel says:

I have listened to Pastor Timms for years as part of my morning devotion here in the Chicago Area. I have been blessed immensely by his sermons and infectious belief in God’s Word. I am extremely hurt by his death. God will strengthen us all.

3. Evangelist Calliste says:

Pastor Zachery touch my life in so many different way’i thank God for the time he spend with us, and the role that he play, he will be truly missed.Let us all remember his good works.

4. OMG! I LOVED THIS PROPHET. NEVER MET HIM, BUT THE MAN WAS BAD! AWESOMELY ANOINTED BY GOD. NOW, I FOUND OUT THEY SAID HE HAD HANGS UP, BUT MOST OF US DO. THIS MAN WAS FOR REAL BY GOD! THIS MAN LOVED THE LORD, AND I BELIEVE BEFORE HE DIED, OR WAS MURDERED, HE ASKED GOD TO FORGIVE HIM FOR HIS SIN–I BELIEVE HE MAN IT IN. R.I.P ZACHERY TIMMS. I LOVE YOU AS A PERSON WHO I KNOW LOVED GOD! YOU WILL DEFINITELY BE REMEMBERED AS A CHAMPION “MANOF GOD” IN MY BOOK, AND I KNOW GOD REMEMBER YOU TOO!

5. God's Child says:

I believe that Pastor Tims was murder and that envelope was planted on his person to make it appear to be a drug overdose. We may never know the truth but God knows. God loved him best and now he is in a much better place I’m sure. However, If he could come back and give a report on the other side I’m sure that man would go to extremes to save the world if it could be done. This is a wake up call. We never know how life will play out. Let the death of Pastor Tims move us to be better people,touching lives of people every where and seek the Lord at all times in all places because we all must prepare to meet our maker a some point. God Please Bless Us All in the name of Jesus Christ!

6. R.I.P I will forever miss your holy word from GOD himself.You made me love myself when I do`nt want to love myself. To god be the glory this was the sadiest part of my day today.Pastor Debra timms may GOD keep you and those baby in his care he is sitting on the right side of the father right now.Remember Pastor Debra the many tasks we face each day can burden in obress, but spending time with God each day can relieve from stress to keep your life in balance just keep leaning on the Lord,JESUS loes you and so do`nt us at PLEASANTHILL BAPTIST in boston the church on the hill were love to be pleasant.

7. Lemuel Withers Jr. says:

May God bless the familyThe Withers family

8. osazeone says:

There is FOUL PLAY all over Dr. Pastor Tims death. He was murdered. The drugs were planted to keep everyone guessing and confused. He was making positive change in the Orlando, FL community… and he was not alone in the hotel room. There New York’s Finest (NYPD) better do their JOB and investigate this murder to its end. Let’s not fall asleep with the so called white substance…