Every day our friend Nick Cannon breaks down all the hottest trends in music, fashion, and entertainment. Come back often for the best in pop culture through the lens of one of the hottest tastemakers on the scene.
It’s your man Nick Cannon here. Damn! The Billboard Awards were hot tonight. They were wild. They were fun. Most of all, there were a lot of music greats rockin’ some sexy harnesses.
I’m counting down the most sizzlin’ performances of the night. From girl-on-girl kisses to flying pianos, I’ve got the best of the best right here.
5. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Cee Lo Green[/lastfm] – “Crazy”
Watch my man Cee Lo fly through the air with the (um) greatest of ease.
4. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Black Eyed Peas[/lastfm] – “Just Can’t Get Enough” and “I Got A Feeling”
Fergie, Will.I.Am and crew brought back their biggest hits for the night. Personally, I’m pretty sure I’ve had enough of “I Just Can’t Get Enough.”
3. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Beyonce[/lastfm] – “Run the World”
Tonight B graciously accepted the award for Artist of the Millennium moments after performing her latest hit “Run The World.” Performing, accepting and being awesome? Beyonce really does run the world.
2. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Mary J Blige[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Little Wayne[/lastfm] – “Somebody to Love Me”
Mother Mary came to play with this hot jam.
1. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rihanna [/lastfm]and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Britney Spears[/lastfm] – “S&M”
Hottest. Opening. Number. Ever.
Seriously? Can you think of a better opening number for any award show ever? Give me a shout in the comments or head on over to my place Cannon’s Countdown for more info.