There is a new movie in the works and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Will Smith[/lastfm] is in talks to star in it as a freed slave. Also in mind to have a role in the new film is Samuel L. Jackson.
According to our free press folks at Hiphiopwired.com:
Will Smith is in talks to star in a new Quentin Tarantino film which will have him clash with actor Samuel L Jackson.
The rapper-turned-actor is in talks to star in Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming spaghetti Western film Django Unchained.
With Louisiana as a forerunner for the shooting location, Django will follow Smith’s title role as a “freed slave who seeks to reunite with his slave wife, a journey which will see him team up with a German bounty hunter to take down an evil plantation owner.”
The film, which begins production in the fall, also may include Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz in key roles.
Jackson is in talks to play Monsieur Calvin Candie, a villain who is also a slave and clashes with Django throughout the movie.
According to various reports, Tarantino has requested Smith to star in the flick, based on a script that he penned himself with Will in mind.
When this move does finally hit the theaters…It should be very interesting to see how far they go with the language used in the film. We all know about the “N” word being a normal part of the language of that era.
- Bringing The Cartoon “Thundercats” To Life With The Smith Family?
- Will Smith Hasn’t Forgotten About His Hometown When Help Is Needed
- Jay-Z May Be Adopting The Scientologist Ways! Oh No!!
- Denzel Washington And Will Smith To Remake ‘Uptown Saturday Night’
- What If Will Smith And Dj Jazzy Jeff Did ‘House Party” And Kid-N-Play Did ‘The Fresh Prince’?
[photogallerylink id=38287 align=left]