How To Make The Best Margarita For Cinco De Mayo
When celebrating Cinco De Mayo you know you have to have a delish margarita on deck so I thought I’d help you with that and get you the best recipe I can find.
So I searched many sites and tried many Margaritas, to find the best one and my familia over at WikiHow had the best one.
So peep it below:
* 1 part tequila
* 1 part fresh lime juice
* 1 part triple sec (e.g. Cointreau)
* coarse Kosher salt
* lime for garnish
* Tabasco sauce
1. Put ice in a shaker.
2. Measure one part tequila and pour into the shaker.
3. Add one part triple sec, which is an orange-flavored liqueur made from the dried peel of oranges from the Caribbean. You can substitute blue curaçao (made from dried peels of the laraha citrus fruit, similar to the orange in flavor) to make a blue margarita.
4. Add one part fresh lime juice. For an authentic Mexican flavor, use key limes, which are more tart and bitter than the larger Persian limes. Alternatively, use fresh lemon juice (try sweet Meyer lemons!) for a softer taste.
5. Shake vigorously.
6. Take a slice of lime and run it around the rim of the glass. Make sure to get the outer edge of the glass – that is where you want the salt to stick.
7. Pour some coarse salt onto a plate, flip the glass with the wet lime juice rim upside down, and swirl it in the salt on the plate. Fill the glasses with some ice and strain the drink from the shaker and into the glass. Alternatively, you can use sugar instead of salt to rim the glass.
8. Garnish with a lime and splash of Tabasco on top and enjoy!
Want more recipes click here