101.9 AMP Radio High School Takeover: Click Here To Register Your School NOW!!!

Pastor Tells Church To Say “F.U.” To Others!!

chruch members 385 Pastor Tells Church To Say F.U. To Others!!

(Photo by Thos Robinson/Getty Images for Verizon Wireless)

A Pastor tells his congregation to say “F.U.” to others in his sermon. Ohio Pastor R.A. Vernon added an explicitive twist to his sermon on ‘forgiveness’.

This story is being told like this from Hiphopwired.com:

An Ohio pastor has raised eyebrows for instructing his congregation to tell one another, ‘F.U.’, at a recent Sunday service.

Dr. R.A. Vernon, senior pastor of The Word Church in Ohio conjured an alternative way to preach his sermon on ‘forgiveness’ by turning his theme of ‘forgive you” into an acronym synonymous with an expletive phrase.

“Do me a favor, touch your neighbor and say ‘F.U.’,” Vernon says to his service members. “Not just your neighbor, look down your whole row and say ‘F’ y’all too!'”

In the sermon, which was captured on tape, he continues on saying,

“Do me a favor, take your phone out, text all of your exes and say ‘I’m at church, F.U.’ ‘Pastor, my mama don’t like you,’ ‘Well F your mama!’ ‘My family don’t like you!’ Well F your family too!’ ”

His attempt at pulpit humor has gained hoards of attention as the video of the sermon has circulated around the internet.

If his attempt was to wake folks up and get their attention during his sermons?…Congratulations!! Now everyone is paying attention…But is that the attention he really wanna bring to his church?

Related stories:

Comments

1. Erica says:

The Bibles says to separte yourself from the world. In 2 Corinthians 6:17. So why would we use the expresses the world uses for evil.. I don’t agree with the saying..

1. Stephanie says:

Erica you are so right. God’s people does not need the devil’s lingo or phrases we are to walk in the light as he is in the light. Make a difference between holy and unholy.

1. E Black says:

Its not about the “devils phrases” its about the intent of the word/phrase that people use. All to often we forget to lighten things up. Take the ugly harmfulness out of things so people are not able to use them for negative means of expression. I can appreciate this sermon. Take the meat spit the bones out people.

2. K L Botley says:

His acronym usage spoke louder than what he actually intended. The negative stands out.

3. Emma says:

Before he said that, he should have stopped to consider if it was something that Jesus would say. Evidently he didn’t consult the Holy Spirit.

4. Linda says:

We are to love and forgive others as Christ love and forgive us. Freely recieve and freely give. Praise God.

5. s. harper says:

I TRULY FEEL THE WAY HE SAID IT WAS WRONG AND I ALSO HE REALLY WAS TRYING TO TELL SOMEONE THERE HOW HE FEEL .HE JUST COVER THAT THANG UP WITH ALL THE OTHER ISSUES. SO YES HE IS WRONG WRONG

6. Neaven says:

After listening to this, I asked my self what is the purpose for me to become a Christian. If this is how preachers preach the word of GOD, I rather stay out here in this world.What is the difference? I may not live as a Christian but atleast I have enough sense to not play with God.

7. Shrawnda Harris says:

In my opinion, if your “thinking” is “stinking”, then yes, there will be critism for the acronym F.U.; however, if your mind is stayed on the Lord then the devil will not accomplish his goal and that is to Detroy, Attack and Kill. The Pastor is only using what it takes to get the message across, and for that he should be praised….Man of God, keep doing what you do, bringing for the message of God. Those that criticize you, “F” (forgive) them. May God continue to shine his light and grow your congregation.